Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: New Mods!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    There really isn't anything we can do about that. People are going to crit when the get a chance and have time. And if it's that certain same amount of people, so be it. When I crit, I make sure they go in-depth, but are still basic enough for that person to understand the major flaws, and I mix that with good bits too, just to keep that smile up

Now, I myself have tried doing something about the slowdown in art being posted, and that's because of a lack of motivation or just not having time to create something threadworthy. Thus why I created the exercise thread.

Fenn
    Well, I think part of the issue with the lack of crits is that many of the people here don't feel qualified to critique other's works. This is a tutorial site; people come here to learn how to draw better or start drawing anime, and want to get their work critiqued. A lot of times they are at the beginning stages of their artistic development. Imagine when they see impressive artists like Cype! How can they provide anything more than "That's amazing I have no idea how you draw so well!"

Even some of the more regular members like myself probably feel that way; I have nothing substantial to contribute to all but the most green of artists, and the last thing I want to do is lead people astray with BS comments just for the sake of making a critique.

Lol true. I remember being that greenthumb and stepping into Cype's thread. MIND WAS BLOWN. I'd say instead of critting them, just keep it light if you have anything to say. Guide them towards improvement, don't shitstomp their face and say 'this is how it needs to be done' cause I mean. Damn.
    All they need is some motivation to keep goin'. Hell, I kinda find it a bit sad that it seems I've reached that level where I don't get meaty crits anymore.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I think a seperate thread should be made for this because it's technically still on topic but segued into new territory. Maybe ask a mod "Sugguestions to mods" thread? Any other mods agree?

That, and maybe we could start a thread in the GD too, or just one or the other.

There's a thread sorta like that in the Ask a Mod section called "New Forum Questions, Suggestions, and All That"

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Only need one on the forum as a whole.

Ask a mod is for questions to mods and concerns of the members.

Ya know what. I'll just help by making some more tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    There's a thread sorta like that in the Ask a Mod section called "New Forum Questions, Suggestions, and All That"
    Ok yes so all sugguestions to and about mods should be put here http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...s-and-All-That since we are technically apart of the forum I think it'd be ok to post them there.

Gunz your Original title should have something to do with the empire.

Just saying..
    Last edited by Joosh; 01-18-2012 at 11:37 PM.