Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED: New Mods!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    You've went from completely pissing me off, to being one of my favorite members around here. *pats on the back*

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    You've went from completely pissing me off, to being one of my favorite members around here. *pats on the back*
    Woah totally thought I was the only one.

I back Kodos as long as I am made deputy.

So, I was thinking really hard about this, actually. Ever since Sylux texted me at 11 at night, during my nap.
    This is how I think it should go:

Jubeh and Gunzet tag teaming The Commons using their good and bad opinions with Dokken smashing the extras with his smashingly good looks.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind being a mod to help out with the Creators Corner.
    So.
    Gedeon and I ride in on the coolest rides you can think of working together to help people give good critique and letting people know when they aren't abiding by the law. Oh, and commenting on how rad the stories are. Then Kodos wouldn't even need to roll before he mauls anyone in the Roleplayers area and forces them to get on AIM and join D&D to fill open spots.

Now with that tomfoolary aside, I think that a mod should not only be strict and willing to ban people they chat with if they commit an offense, but they should also be cool with the people on the forums. Respect is to be earned, not demanded. If we choose a mod that isn't respected or friendly with people, then we're chosing to have a mod that is at hire risk to do something stupid and ban people for less. I've seen it happen before in a public setting, and it doesn't get pretty.

Mods should also be able to be on quite a bit, even if they aren't posting, so they can make sure their areas are covered and safe. That's why it's a good thing to have two mods for each area at minimum. If one is on during the day more and the other at night, then you are covered almost completely. Working together is a big part of this. You can't lead a party of people unless you work together and respect each other.

Respect is a huge thing about being a mod. First, you need to be respected by others. To be respected by others, you need to respect others.
    A king isn't a king without his people. People may start leaving if we choose a mod that they don't like. This could either hurt or help the site.

Gunzet is a really good choice because of this, seeing as he is one of those guys that give off the reliable and cool vibes. He's always willing to help out even if his opinions are really bad. I think that if we chose Gunzet as one of the new mods, he would stand up and do a really good job. He has the respect of most everyone that frequents the forums. It's kind of like he can't get on people's bad sides.

Gedeon is Serbian. I mean, come on. He can melt people by staring at them hard enough and in the right sunlight. Not only that, but he helps in the art threads and critiques a lot of the work that people post. His posts may be hard to read sometimes, but he deserves some slack. I mean, not that many people can type that well when they don't speak English as their first language. Heck, I know people who do speak English as their first language and they type worse. To be fairly honest, Gedeon posts almost everywhere. He is an overall great guy.

Kodos is crazy smart. I mean, sometimes he nags me to get on AIM even when I can't, but he still is a p. cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything. He knows literature like I know the back of my hand. Even better, actually. He broke the curse of the Roleplaying area with his D&D campains and he works with the people in there and checks up on them to make sure they're okay and to see why they aren't posting. He'd be great at that.

These are just my two cents.
    Last edited by jaidurn; 01-06-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I don't know why everyone is so big on respect and friendliness. Those are nice things, sure, but not necessary. It's not like when a mod asks you to follow rules, they're asking for a personal favor or anything. They're just enforcing guidelines. Whether or not you're friends with them, you're still obligated to follow said guidelines because they exist for the general benefit of the community, not just for that particular mod. Having said this: whoever becomes mod, don't be chummy with the members, please. Do what needs to be done.

Cype, I'm just saying that nobody likes a harsh mod. Yes, rules need to be upheld, but once you become mod it doesn't mean that you have to stop being cool with people on here. It's better to be able to see things from the ground level.

Yes, it may be hard to tell your chums off, and it may make them angry with you, but if they break a rule, you got to let them know. They might even take kinder to it if you are chums and actually stop. If you're just some guy telling them that they broke a rule, what does it matter to them. Yeah, they might end up banned, but that would mean one less member for MT, when if you were pals with them and you let them know to get their act together, they might actually turn out to be a great member to MT.

It sounds like you're saying that they need to stop being chums with anyone they are chums with to be a mod. Like being a mod = 0 buddies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    We're all at least 13 years old here we don't need to be coddled and "positively reinforced" like kids at a daycare. We can read the rules and they're easy to understand. It's entirely unnecessary. I don't mean a mod has to have no friends, I mean a mod can't be chummy with people. When it comes time to do what needs to be done, do it straightforwardly without any B.S. It's kind of an immature train of thought to say "well, he wasn't nice to me so I don't have to care what he says." Like I said, guidelines aren't personal favors. You don't have to ask nicely and say "please". IMO, if a person continues to break rules just because a mod didn't ask nicely, I would say good riddance if they get banned. That's p. juvenile.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I mention respect because if they have no respect for you before you were a mod, no amount of warnings, bans or threats will still not make a problem member listen to the mod.

Friendliness - it's okay but not really needed for a mod. Being a dick is also not the best either. If anything, I should add being able to be diplomatic. Sometimes I see issues escalating because of poor choice of words and I think that's what happened with the bans that were talked about earlier in this thread. If a mod comes off as being an ass and expecting people to get-it-together by being obnoxious - of course, they're going to get sassed by the member. Being sassed by a member is also asking for a retaliation from a mod so you reap what you sow.

I think the best suited for the work are:
    -Kasey, NWAP and Cloudy (if we need to reinforce the "art shit" in mt).
    -Kodos (if he expand his reign out of the dnd section).
    -Delphinus (no one likes him, but he might be the right decision to be a mod).
    -Psy and Phail (they have the eye of the tiger).

I don't think that Mods need to be friendly, or they have to be of my taste. They just have to be the bests to solve problems, read threads and posts, find ways to improve the community and actually help the integration of new members and correcting old ones.

The obvious solution there is to ban them before they have a chance to sass.