Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED: New Mods!

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Bacon was banned for posting in a thread when I told him not to. Gunzet was banned for posting text after I was trying to get the wwyl thread on topic.

Unless you're doing the lying politician thing in which case I fully support you.

^ Exactly what I was thinking.

I mean, Jubeh's fairly lenient, I'd say. It's not like any of the mods are tightwads in the slightest. /shrug
    (Though admittedly if it were up to me, I would have given Gunz a warning rather than a one-day ban.)

You have to be stern when you need to. I mean, heck, that thread is over 200 pages--of all of them, that's the thread that needs it.

That why we need assholes, like Delphinus. I know, it seems crazy, no one likes him, but he would be doing a job that already nobody love.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    Sy, that last sentence. Just no. /facepalm
    XD Don't let it get to your head, buddy.

And I don't know, Jubeh kinda just rules harder than most. And I mena, Gunz has seen people get warned/banned for being off-topic in that thread before, so why'd he push it? He should know that Jubeh is serious, especially since he's been around for so long. I mean, admittedly I thought it was unreasonable at first, but the more I think about it, the more justified it is.
    Then we must stop thinking about it! To dwell too heavily on the past is a burden to our own good minds!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Fine, Clock, you win. But we're wasting time here. We need to look at the big picture here, guys. We don't just need a CC mod, we need a general mod.

Let's take a look at two recent activities by one mod:
    -Jubeh banned Bacon Barbarian for placing a spoiler in the Anime & Manga Section. It was a more legitimate ban than the following, but nonetheless.
    -Jubeh banned Gunzet for making a joke in the WYLL thread.

What's next, huh? This guy needs to stop, it's really a total abuse of power. Granted, he does use it appropriately most of the time, but sometimes he can really overstep the boundaries. What we need is a man with righteous morals and an upright set of boundaries, a full-time man like GunZet!
    if i was a mod i'd ban u for this sacrilege...

Well the infraction system is just really off the wall right now.

For instance sylux was recently reported but he already has two infractions. If I give him one more he'll be banned for an entire week for an incredibly dumb reason. Doesn't that seem kind of awful when just a one day ban gets the point across. Week bans should be for actually offensive stuff imo.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    That's the one part about having rules: someone has to enforce them. A lot of people seem to whine when rules are enforced, even though they're clearly always there and available to look over before you even register. It's kind of like walking into a no smoking area, smoking, then getting angry when you get blammed. Besides I'm sure Gunzet has forgotten all about it considering he makes most his conversation on the GB.

Altogether, a mod isn't meant to be peoples' friend. I don't even consider "friendliness" a criteria for modding, as long as they're fair and get the job done.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Why doesn't anyone else consider Cype? I think he'd be perfect... -.-"

This over-feciciousness is a mockery of the good and powerful morals of the Paragon Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzaharwood View Post
    Why doesn't anyone else consider Cype? I think he'd be perfect... -.-"
    He's a mutant.

For instance sylux was recently reported but he already has two infractions. If I give him one more he'll be banned for an entire week for an incredibly dumb reason. Doesn't that seem kind of awful when just a one day ban gets the point across. Week bans should be for actually offensive stuff imo.
    Look at me.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Altogether, a mod isn't meant to be peoples' friend. I don't even consider "friendliness" a criteria for modding, as long as they're fair and get the job done.
    Again, Delphinus. You might hate him, but that is the whole reason.

What bloody rules am I breaking. Infract me, go ahead! You are just as WILD and UNPREDICTABLE as your actions, anyhow!