Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparky The Creator[NUDITY(kinda) ON PAGE 44]

I agree with Chuchu: your coloring style is cool. It reminds me of Adobe Flash, though I'm not entirely sure why.

Having all black on the side of the question mark box kinda throws me off. Am I missing something here or did you just not color that part? Like, was it black on the side in one of the games?

Prolly cuz Flash animations and art have developed their own style that resembles the Captain's throughout the years, particularly in communities dependent on Flash content like Newgrounds. The style of the paintbrush and coloring vaguely resembles vector art, which we can say Sparky seems to be most experienced in. Some cases:

SPOILER! :

I've noticed this in his art, and it's a named reason as to why I'm so attracted to it. Plus it's just beautiful.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Sylux should be everyone's agent. He can sell it well. XD I need one!

If I'm not mistaken, the lines are vector and the coloring is raster, right? Or is that just my imagination? Either way, I love the crisp shading of the mystery box and the hue you used to shade Mario.

Damn Sylux, a comparison to Egoraptor, Oney, AND Johnny Utah! I'm wicked flattered! Yep, the lines are generally done in vector, Adobe Illustrator, and the clors on a lot are done in either SAI, Photoshop or Illustrator, though I'm moving away from photoshop.

I cannot get over how much my sketches suck, I'm am having the hardest time getting used to SAI.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Hahaha, that's awesome. Super saiyan, random, thug, b-ball player, red guy... Awesome, man. Got that trademark Sparky style to it as usual, though it does seem you're having a tough time using SAI. Why the switch over? Or are you just experimenting? Cause I love those nice crisp vector lines you get out of Illustrator.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Just trying new stuff, but here's some oldschool Illustrator fun.

quite being so dope man

yeah dude quite it

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Awesome with that hard ink-style shading. Wanna see more of that.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I agree with Gunz; I like this style of shading a lot! I especially dig the hair.