Thread: What's your take on FPS's?

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Baron View Post
    You might wanna check out Painkiller and Serious Sam
    Can I play those on my Wii or 360?

Yes Serious Sam is an Xbox game

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Can I play those on my Wii or 360?
    Painkiller is PC only, Serious Sam has HD remakes on xbox live i think, and not to mention Serious Sam 3 coming out real soon.

My opinion on FPSes? They're cool, but WAY overrated!

My current opinion on FPS is that I'm sick and tired of it, especially the current lineup for late 2011 (BF3, MW3). I don't know about you guys, but I think the post effects on most of the new games nowadays is making me dizzy, especially with the motion blur. :/ I can't play FPS as I used to when I was like what, 13? Secondly, maybe it's not an easy concept of implementing but the current storylines in recent FPS games just suck. Period. I wonder if they could do what some FPS (the original half life, Bioshock 1 & 2) did. Those are amazing and I wish some of the developers put a bit more effort in creating something deeper than some overrated action wannabe war flick.

I'm not saying I hate the genre, I just think they just need improving. I'm looking forward to Bioshock Infinite though.

Okay, okay, okay. I have to have an opinion on deadpool's post here. I have to agree with it's getting old and it just isn't any better than playing any other game (considering the overall "hating" of the CoD series period.) I would rather play CS:Source or CS:1.6, ArmAII, Red Orchestra, or something similar. Being able to get a headshot while having to compensate with the windage, elevation, etc is so much more satisfying than grazing someone's head on CoD and calling it a headshot. (<--which has happened, I have YouTube vids of it.) But overall, I agree with the whole war flick shit. Why have the story of a fricking Micheal Bay Film? O.o I'd rather play Condemned on a saturday night.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Hey, anyone got Painkiller? If you do, Wanna play multiplayer?
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."