Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's your take on FPS's?

Why are we talking about third person shooters

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I wondered that too haha. Hey Tiberius, wanna change the thread title to include TPS' too?

Games like Vanquish really play so similar to FPSes that there is really no distinction. It's an awesome game, also. Metro 2033, double also. Fallout 3, also also also.

Only half-mentioned, but did anybody ever play the ports of the original Doom games for the Gameboy Advanced? Very easy to pick up and play, best versions of the game IMO. It's a shame the DS doesn't have any FPSes, really, because all the PSP gets is crapballs of doody. Speaking of which, the Wii versions of those games are just evil and so rediculously buggy and laggy they should never have been released. >_>

Also also also also, Earth Defence force may be third-person, but it mega deserves a decent mentioning here.

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Games like Vanquish really play so similar to FPSes that there is really no distinction. It's an awesome game, also. Metro 2033, double also. Fallout 3, also also also.

Only half-mentioned, but did anybody ever play the ports of the original Doom games for the Gameboy Advanced? Very easy to pick up and play, best versions of the game IMO. It's a shame the DS doesn't have any FPSes, really, because all the PSP gets is crapballs of doody. Speaking of which, the Wii versions of those games are just evil and so rediculously buggy and laggy they should never have been released. >_>

Also also also also, Earth Defence force may be third-person, but it mega deserves a decent mentioning here.
    Actually, the DS has one really good FPS I quite enjoyed. And that was Metroid Prime: Hunters.

There's actually a CoD for DS. Don't recommend it though, it just doesn't really work that well.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Actually, the DS has one really good FPS I quite enjoyed. And that was Metroid Prime: Hunters.
    Actually, there is more than 1 good FPS on DS.
    Ever hear of Dementium? it's basicly Silent Hill in FPS form, but it's done real damn good.
    to my knowledge there's also a sequel, alltough i'm not entirely sure.

Yea I knew there were others, but I just thought MP: Hunters was the best xD
    And no I've never heard of Dementium, I'll check that out.

Pokemon Snap. Best FPS ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Pokemon Snap. Best FPS ever.
    dats true

@Gunz
    The thread includes TPS's now. I should have just gone with shooter games period, but then thats what a thread is for xD. And for third person shooters, I only have the experience of RES 5, Gears of War(1,2,&3), Vanquish, and KillSwitch (Original Xbox format, crappy and practically an early version of Gears of War without the Locust and all the cool guns).
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."