Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    They aren't a problem. The problem is not the size, or anything else. The problem is that anything remotely humanoid is a terrible shape for something that's going to be fighting a war on a planet to be.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    it would be possible. but really expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmanacnamedTime View Post
    it would be possible. but really expensive.
    Not possible. Why people don't read the posts?

Well it's possible, Clock. Just stupid beyond belief. You could make a giant bipedal robot, sure, it just won't be able to fight worth shit and odds are it will be a miracle if you can make the dumb thing run without falling over or just falling apart.

The humanoid bodyplan is good at certain things. Being a giant robot is not one of them.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I don't see it as possible now (and even if in the future become possible, it will just be retarded). The deal is that we don't have energy source for it, we are still trying to imitate bipedal movement in smaller robots, we can't solve the weight problem and no one would be able to drive it because of the amount of vibrations and movement inside a cabin (someone have to drive this shit to the moon).

And as you said, bipedal movement is too clumsy and dangerous. If in the future (far, far, far future) we have a new form of movement, it will be something that float or that we can teleport and can operate by itself.

But it's still possible, Clock. Impossibility is a concept rarely used in our language - as far as we know, everything is possible concerning greater or more complicated maths and sciences.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    But it's still possible, Clock. Impossibility is a concept rarely used in our language - as far as we know, everything is possible concerning greater or more complicated maths and sciences.
    fuck you

yeah i know lol. I think I just went to in extreme.

Oh okay for a second there it got really intense. I didn't mean any insult by it, it's just that I haven't learned physics yet and have nothing more to add than mech pictures and semantics. Sorry about it, though the 'lol' is reassuring.

I think it's possible, but that would be tremendously expensive and time-consuming at the moment. I'd say that time will tell, to be honest.

It's not a question whether you think it's possible or not. This is a simple question of physics which can be answered with confidence. The laws of physics are such that a humanoid war vehicle will never ever be practical for use in a combat zone even remotely like the Earth. Maybe, just maybe, in deep space, and maybe just maybe in some ultra light gravity environment, but even then there are more practical shapes than humanoid - it's just that in those cases a humanoid shape would be acceptable rather than completely stupid.