Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it possible

Is it possible

Some of you may still remember this but i need to know your opinions about this matter

Is it possible to construct a real life robot (close to gundam) that is actually capable in warfare?
    No matter how gifted you are, You alone cannot change the world

Not at the moment.

^ Agreed. Not right now, but it certainly is within the realms of science.

Fenn
    Not a humanoid one (at the moment), but we already have robots fighting. We have small robots that move on treads with machine guns attached to the top, I forget the name of them.

Gundams are not robots, they are more like big armor/tanks. If you are asking that then it is almost impossible at the moment and in many years ahead, and probably when it become possible it will become a waste of time.

For bipedal robots, it still not possible, but I think we are in a good road. And as Fenn said, there are already robots used in warfare, they are just smaller and closer to a radio control car than a big robot.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I don't think you could build a gundam-scale machine that will move with the same speed and grace as a gundam. Mechwarrior and Battletech, Steel Battalion are better examples. It's never going to be as orchestrated as gundam fights instead mechs will probably operate like walking tanks where it just comes down to who can fire more ammo and tank more shots.

You could build something similar to the fictional FENRIS Mech

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    I don't think you could build a gundam-scale machine that will move with the same speed and grace as a gundam. Mechwarrior and Battletech, Steel Battalion are better examples. It's never going to be as orchestrated as gundam fights instead mechs will probably operate like walking tanks where it just comes down to who can fire more ammo and tank more shots.
    Yeah if anyone it would be like the battletech tabletop. Just a slugging match where you question what the point of having giant robots was in the first place.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    What it usually comes down to is most people saying bipedal mechs would be unconventional and next to useless. And that the more probably thing would be walking tanks. I'd say something more close to suppression mechs, as I can't see one running into the frontlines and surviving. Not in the next two decades at least.

Why someone would do a bipedal tank? its like the worst idea ever, tanks have an almost perfect mobility for warfare, while bipedal movement makes any machine almost impossible to me driven, is a waste of energy and it easily stopped (very dependable of the ground).