Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's see Japanese Maruvel.

In my opinion it looks like they are mocking the manga and anime style. I've seen it in a lot of cartoons (Kappa Mikey, the Fairly Oddparents movie Channel Chasers, Mad tv). Or it could just be a poor recreation of the anime/manga style. (Sorta like my art) As for why, I assume it is because more people are watching, reading, and drawing anime. I guess they hope that it will be more popular then the original. Also they probably want a larger audience.
    As for the anime X-men trailer, I might look into it once I have some spare time to have a true opinion of it.
    You've been CHARMED!

I can tell you most of those works were created in earnest.

Ear nest

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    @ClockHand, Thanks for the xmen link.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyagal85 View Post
    In my opinion it looks like they are mocking the manga and anime style. I've seen it in a lot of cartoons (Kappa Mikey, the Fairly Oddparents movie Channel Chasers, Mad tv). Or it could just be a poor recreation of the anime/manga style. (Sorta like my art) As for why, I assume it is because more people are watching, reading, and drawing anime. I guess they hope that it will be more popular then the original. Also they probably want a larger audience.
    As for the anime X-men trailer, I might look into it once I have some spare time to have a true opinion of it.
    So japan is mocking at their own anime and manga style (ah very undefined style by the way)? The animations are made in Japan by Madhouse, the sames that did Trigun, CardCaptor Sakura, Beck, Claymore, Death Note and many others. I agree some of those doesn't have a great animation (Beck), but still, it is a good studio and obviously Marvel is aiming for a style more like Afro Samurai, that mix both western and japanese animation. Dunno, if all this is mocking a style.

And this is more as a way to reach Japan. Japan is very traditional with their culture, they prefer games, books, comics, movies, and others if are done in japan, but also it has a big comic market and it has a big influence, what Marvel is trying to do is get inside a very conservative culture. Dunno it seems a very bold and interesting move for a company and I really want to see what is gonna happen with this.