View Poll Results: Might change the name. What sounds better in your opinion?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep "Voidborn".

13 81.25%
  • Use "Obsolete" again.

3 18.75%
  • Use "Sleeping Dogs".

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: -Voidborn- {Three new pages. "Wow, I'm real! My gosh! I can winnn~! >:o"}

Very well done on the art. The cover is one of my favorite parts. I want to see more of it more to get more into the story since it takes a lot of read through to get what's going on in the first couple pages. I might add that Figurehead looks almost exactly like someone from Evangellion so just be careful to avoid plagiarism accusations.

Other than that tidbit, I look forward to the rest of the project.

@ Cypress; Thanks. Really wanted it to be more apt for the series. :3

@ Cake; Hum. I can see your point. I'll have a go at fixing it when I come back to change the things Bacon mentioned earlier. >_>

@ PWhit; Cheers! Reg prides himself on tedious details. Plot-wise I'm treading very carefully trying not to make this chapter either too confusing or boring... As for Ranst... Yeah, he has alot of Gendou in his appearance. Personality and motivation wise he's completely differant, through, so I'm hoping I can just about sneak by. :P

Ah, I know how you feel. Usually the first chapter is the hardest. Trust me, I torn entire manga comics up over such a thing and is still my greatest enemy when I try to make my own. Keep up the good work.

Nice cover page, good pages... very happy to see the story taking shape =)

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Nice stuff Reg! Overall, I like the feel for your manga. Nitpicks:

1. For the beginning pages, there were a lot of panels without sfx which I think would've benefited the reader to help understand what's happening in each panel. Without it, it took me a bit longer to process from one to another. Also, without the sfx...

2. It was kind of weird to the suddenly have a panel where the character talks. It was like watching a silent film and then have sound then turn silent again and basically loop until later into the story. It was just weird.

3. You should make the outline of a character more dense. It's not good when you can't separate the characters from the background. Also,

4. When that girl gets beamed into the ship (I believe that's what happened), you should put white around her so she stand out from such a dark background. It's a common trick when you want viewers to focus on something or separate individuals or groups of people. Just add a white halo around the person, group or thing and it allows readers to focus on it.

What software are you using to add text, btw?

Thanks for the support guys. I know I've been pretty slow lately, so it means alot. :3

As for Rio's comments...

1 & 2; This actually came up on the last version of the forum. The lack of sound effects is intentional because empty space litterally doesn't carry sound, but I do agree that it makes things kinda hard to grasp in places. The verdict is still out on this one I'm afraid...

3; I'll try this, thanks. Definately one of my biggest problems with all the grey around, so any suggestions are mega helpful. :3

4; Actually, she just jumps from ship to ship. High tech, low life and all that... Guess an stronger aura would help, through, cheers. The next version will get this.

Photoshop 6 is what I've been using to add both the text and toning.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Photoshop 6 is what I've been using to add both the text and toning.
    Ok, then the text editing tutorial I'm planning on doing will most likely help you out. I'll be doing one soon... maybe it'll even be up tonight.

@ Rio; I'll be sure to have a decent gander once it's actually uploaded... I did check. >_>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gwaaa, these took waaaaay~ too long... And the pacing sucks... But whatever. At least all the characters are set up now. -_-

Page 20;

Page 21;

Page 22;

Page 23;

Page 24;

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    That kid is UGLY. Also, uhmmm. Oh yeah. Odan made me chuckle. Cause of the Norse mythology, and I'm an odd child who laughs at dumb stuff. Carry on. I have no idea what 6 is doing in the last pannel of PG 21 though.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    It's Ulow!
    In spaaaaaaace!

Kodos approves. This thread is grade A heresy and will free us all from slavery to the False Emperor.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!