Thread: Got a tablet for Christmas and I'm lost, please tell me how to use it!

Got a tablet for Christmas and I'm lost, please tell me how to use it!

Hi,

I got a tablet for Christmas. Didn't even ask for one but it's a cheap one ($50) from Lidl. It's pretty nice though but when I use it my lines aren't clean, there are little spikes in my lines and I don't know why. Like I'm trembling when I trace which is not the case. How can I get a clean drawing? What program should I use? How can I learn to use layers? Thanks a lot!

There are many programs out there.
    Like GIMP, which is Photoshop but FREE.
    Then there is actually PHOTOHSHOP.
    And Personally, many anime artsits like to use Paint Tool Sai.

If your tablets being all funny, check its settings, if all the drivers are installed and the manual.
    If that doesn't work, then maybe your hand is quite shaky, and you just need to do some doodling to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticPerl View Post
    Hi,

I got a tablet for Christmas. Didn't even ask for one but it's a cheap one ($50) from Lidl. It's pretty nice though but when I use it my lines aren't clean, there are little spikes in my lines and I don't know why. Like I'm trembling when I trace which is not the case. How can I get a clean drawing? What program should I use? How can I learn to use layers? Thanks a lot!
    Well I got a new $50 worth mouse this Christmas so I cant give much help regarding tablet yet, with lines same as pencil just practice your strokes really helps and there also open canvas and manga studio programs that handles tablet drawing.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    There are usually settings either in the graphic program you're using or the tablet settings that can reduce sensitivity (i.e. the lines will be smoother and won't be as jagged). Drawing smooth lines take some time to get used to so keep at it and you'll soon get the hang of it. You can even drop by the Groupboard (see link at menu bar above) and practice there.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    No matter what program I used, I had really jagged lines for the first few months. Just keep practicing with it every day, and it'll come. C:

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    No matter what program I used, I had really jagged lines for the first few months. Just keep practicing with it every day, and it'll come. C:
    You must have never used Zbrush

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post

My first try was spot on but since its my friend's tablet I never really have the chance to getting used to it.

You must have never used Zbrush
    lol