Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo Thread/Help Me With Tat Probs

Tattoo Thread/Help Me With Tat Probs

'Sniff

Tattoos. I like 'em. You like 'em. You probably don't like 'em. I like 'em. Yeah.
    ANYWAY, I'm going to get a tat soon, but I have one problem - where I should get it.
    The tattoo itself is a multi-colored bird I drew, and is subject to change, but that's not the point.
    The point is, my parents will probably disown me (LOLSUPERRELIGIOUS) if they see it, so I have to find a good spot to get my tat, and a good hiding method.

inb4 get it on your upper leg. That's stupid and pointless and stupid - would rather not get a tat.

Also, we should talk about tattoos and post pictures of nice designs and stuff. Yeah

cool-tattoos-304.jpg
    cool-spiderman-chest-tattoo.jpg
    Scream-Hand-Tattoo-Design.jpg

if you want to get a tattoo and have it hidden, i would say your shoulder probably so you can still hide it with even a t-shirt on. With designs, don't get some thing you think is "sweet" or "awesome" or something like that. Remember that this is gonna be with you the rest of your life, so don't get something that you think is cool now but you will think is shitty later. Also imo you should get something that has meaning to you, not just some cool picture you found on the internet. Think of a design you want and then wait a month and see if you still want it. Then wait another month and see if you still want it. And maybe even another month just to be sure. I would even consider waiting up to a year just to be sure because your tastes change a lot over time. Tattoos I thought would be cool a few years ago look awful to me now.

Also if I were to get a tat, i would just get it done in like black or blue ink and just have some small design. I'm not a fan of tattoos with colour and stuff. I don't like the ones you posted at all, i like stuff like this:
    SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

also
    SPOILER! :

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    if you want to get a tattoo and have it hidden, i would say your shoulder probably so you can still hide it with even a t-shirt on. With designs, don't get some thing you think is "sweet" or "awesome" or something like that. Remember that this is gonna be with you the rest of your life, so don't get something that you think is cool now but you will think is shitty later. Also imo you should get something that has meaning to you, not just some cool picture you found on the internet. Think of a design you want and then wait a month and see if you still want it. Then wait another month and see if you still want it. And maybe even another month just to be sure. I would even consider waiting up to a year just to be sure because your tastes change a lot over time. Tattoos I thought would be cool a few years ago look awful to me now.
    Thanks for the advice, but I've already figured out that I shouldn't really 'jump' right into it. I'm currently pondering on what to get. I'm thinking either a phoenix to represent rebirth, or the sun to represent the source of life/liveliness.

How can you not like colors in tats man? Some have really REALLY stupid colored tattoos, but when done right, color can be really cool on tats.
    For some reason, I only like mono-black or blue ink on really 'solid 2d' designs - no shading whatsoever - like the ones you posted.

Also, more tattoos that I think look nice:
    dark-tattoo.jpg
    Dark-forest-scene-leg-tattoo.jpg
    colored-sleeve-tattoo-of-birds.jpg
    sun_tattoo_34.jpg

idk i just think colour looks dumb. i guess its cuz i like the look of "old school" tats

I love sleeves get a sleeve dude

I really want an irezumi tattoo but I'll never be able to afford one.

they are cool but never get one unless you're asian or else you'll look like a twat

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    they are cool but never get one unless you're asian or else you'll look like a twat
    Less like a twat, more like one of those really-fat-but-sort-of-muscular-leather-wearing-biker-douche-bags.

Also thinkin of getting the words "Follow Your Bliss" or "Discipline is the gap between reality and your dreams".

Sylux wtf (wo)man. WTF MAN. SLEEVES?! ASDFGHJKL FRIGGIN' SLEEVES?!?!?
    I don't like 'em.

Probably.

Never really saw one up-close.

Might like 'em.

I secretly love sleeves.

I love sleeves I'm gonna get sleeves you should get sleeves

sleeves are never-gonna-get-a-good-job tier. Btw words are almost always terrible if i was u i would avoid getting words. they look lame as hell imo. nothin looks douche-ier than something like "build a door if opportunity doesn't knock" or "stand tall, face your fears" kinda thing. ugh i feel sick just thinkin about it