Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project C.O.R.E manga development art

Project C.O.R.E manga development art

Story: 7 teens/adults set out to collapse the dictators of 4 corrupt island nations and take over the world. What they dont know is that their world is being slowly invaded by a planet called Earth, and as the dimensions collide, a fight for something much,much bigger begins.

Art for my manga, ill add`new ones whenever possible,

Main Character Athens Strauss Veduc. Full battle gear

prototype battle suit. almost iron man-ish but uses compressed propane as weapons..hehehe

evil minion.... uses a AUG assault rifle, concussion grenades, swords. regular supersoldier

would love opinions, as im changing a lot of it anyhow. new ideas, sumthng that looks wrong with the art etc i'll constantly upload new art on the post

The pencil shading on that last one is awesome! It all looks pretty sweet, although the arm positions in the top one confuses me :P The four arms seem to be overlapping in a way that makes them look very flat. I would love to see maybe a couple of the arms looking like they're reaching back or something, but that's probably just me. It all looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing more

all the characters its a little bad cause its old, my art style is kinda different now but, yah there yu are

one of the sidekicks, head position is messed up. Scanner frigged up HARD

i know i mentioned this probably in every critique i made today, but i think you need pre proportions practice! The bulky armored warrior looks cool but it looks like all the stuff was just thrown on one another, like there is no body inside of the armor. Your faces look -scratch that your heads look a little bit weird from the sides... like the whole placement of the head doesn't match where the face is looking at
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I think what Ged is trying to say is that the suit of armor doesn't fit human anatomy. Starting with the head, I like what you did with the eyes and the top part of the head, but when I get to the mouth/chin/neck area I kinda get lost and cant tell whats what. The arm/shoulder armor on the right makes sense to me, but the arm/shoulder armor on the left seems to be detached, or out socket,from the torso. I'm also confused on how the arms would move. The elbow joints appear to be on the front of the arms instead of the back. If it was a cyborg or a mech it wouldn't be a problem but, suit armor is just like clothes, in the sense that it fits/ wraps around the body. Based on the pic above it though I feel like you already know this. Maybe drawing some practice pics of the suit, before doing the final shading would have helped? anyway great job on the shading.
    As far as the human faces go, some of the angles are SLIGHTLY off but not by much at all. A little facial anatomy study and you'll be gold. keep it up.

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    in the first one, the second time you posted, they all look the same.

Character sketches :D!! trying to improve on older crap i produced

None of your guns have iron sights. D: http://glowon.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/a-pistol.jpg

Also, the bore (down the barrel) should be darker as it's usually not too bright in there. Shouldn't be that easy to see the rifling grooves without shining a flashlight down.
    The funky loops on the hand-guards of your swords look like they would make them incredibly hard to use, too.

I see great promise though, particularly in your use of foreshortening.

Is it just me or does it seem like this guy isn't even paying attention to critiques. Might be too early to tell buuuut.

Quote Originally Posted by GaBo View Post
    None of your guns have iron sights. D: http://glowon.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/a-pistol.jpg

Also, the bore (down the barrel) should be darker as it's usually not too bright in there. Shouldn't be that easy to see the rifling grooves without shining a flashlight down.
    The funky loops on the hand-guards of your swords look like they would make them incredibly hard to use, too.

I see great promise though, particularly in your use of foreshortening.
    i had a feeling the gun was iffy. gonna study it up a little more. gonna ditch the funky loops @.@ they look cool but they are impractical. time to reanalyze and make corrections....

@Sylux, LOL i am honestly putting an effort into correcting my mistakes, trust. im gonna try harder to pay attention, if that's what is asked of me.