Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canime's Art ~ Critiques are very much appreciated!

101 Dalmations Member canime4ever's Avatar

Canime's Art ~ Critiques are very much appreciated!

Hey I've been drawing in many different styles lately and I can't decide what I like best Plus I feel like I'm kinda off on my anatomy... Help?

I know there's something wrong with the bottom one, I just can't put my finger on it...
    SPOILER! :

The bottom most one bothers me too...
    SPOILER! :

Anatomy practice for girls of different ages.
    SPOILER! :

And the rest are my latest CG's
    SPOILER! :

I know, the hand looks all weird
    SPOILER! :

Thanks in advance~

***EDIT***
    I think I found a new style, also sorry for the crappy quality in advance
    SPOILER! :

I'm going to draw another character and post it tomorrow :3
    Last edited by canime4ever; 01-15-2012 at 09:17 PM.

What interests me most is the last picture.
    I've been trying to draw curls all these times but still can't make a good detailed one.

...and is that a pig doll?
    Did you draw it yourself or just putting it there?

About a critique, i think i'm in no position myself to give one because of my circumstances...
    You could visit my thread if you want to know the reason.
    Last edited by Nara; 12-16-2011 at 04:28 AM.
    Chasing the Dream of Becoming Manga Teacher
    |Nara's Art - Learning Moe Characters|

Pig doll, no, it was supposed to be a bunny ^_^; but i made it too dark to really see some details (And I think I went and erased a lot of the line art on it) As for the curls, I'd be happy to make a tutorial or something :-)

your art is awesome. however I do agree with bunny girl's hand... it does look wierd. Also how the girl is holding the bunny shoes that the bunny will fall. When holding an animal, you need to have one hand on the bottom, like a baby, cause it gives support from falling

here's a pic that I hope helps (it's harder to find than I though)

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=girl+h...1t:429,r:4,s:0

Quote Originally Posted by canime4ever View Post
    Pig doll, no, it was supposed to be a bunny ^_^; but i made it too dark to really see some details (And I think I went and erased a lot of the line art on it) As for the curls, I'd be happy to make a tutorial or something :-)
    Oh, my bad then... but the bunny really looks like a 3D art.

About tutorial; thanks, that would be so much appreciated though someone already gave me one.
    So i think i'll pass, unless you already made it which is i have the obligation to accept it.
    Chasing the Dream of Becoming Manga Teacher
    |Nara's Art - Learning Moe Characters|

I swear I've been drawing A WHOLE FRIGGIN' LOT! I'm gonna wait until I get my scanner though and do a massive art dump... XD Here's something I just finished a few hours ago...

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Nintendo. Good job. The perspective on the controller is nice, though I think your characters are a little skewed to the left.

Wow, very nice work, I think I could learn a good deal from your art, especially from your body work. You draw hands pretty good, as well.

Canime's Art! Please C&C~!

I haven't died, I've just been waiting for my stupid scanner to get here (still hasn't, I just used my uncle's which is "forbidden")

Anywho... I recently took up a new style; C&C please?

*NOTE: I didn't come up with it on my own; most of the stuff I'm going to post in this post I got from pics I've found on the interwebs and I tried mimicking them, now I can draw in that style without ref

This one I did without ref, but it's still not quite done it, I gotta add the graffiti and figgin' TONE DOWN those lines on the wall! Way too dark. XD

SPOILER! :

This one I kinda used ref for the head in the corner 'cuz that's how I'm going to draw older-than-teenager-age charas (male anyways) >3<

SPOILER! :

And then these are the pics I used ref's with...

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

Thank you in advance~

It would take a real master to critique your work to be honest. Most of this looks like it's straight out of an anime. The only real thing you have left to do in order to make it all perfect is shading, I guess. The clothing in the last one, I can tell you were trying to make it all loose fitting and too large for the person who's wearing it, but looks really bulky and sloppy. The only thing about that is though, is that I can't tell if it would still look that way after shading. Oh and the one where you said you used it as reference for the head in the corner, it may just be me, but it seems like maybe the legs on the character standing there might be just a liiiittle bit too short. The anatomy on everything else looks fine, that certain one just caught my eye though.

Honestly though, why don't you just start writing a Manga right now? You've got the skill to go for it.