Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow's Art :) Zombie Thread

Nice work on the anatomy, although, I think you could draw the calfs a bit longer, but great work so far.

Yeah they do look a little short actually - thanks! I haven't gotten around to working on either of those pics yet : / but heres a quick doodle where i was playing around with hair and the brush tool on sai to show something for myself!

Wow, Shadow. That is great improvement in your hair, has a better flow, and and quite a bit more realistic, very nice. Teech meh yo wais, lol!

I'm really not a fan of drawing every strand of the hair. Often it gives a far less believable look than if you had just drawn the contours with a few strands here and there for texture and definition. On top of that you'll tend to lose the illusion of volume and shading/highlighting becomes pretty hard without messing things up.

But as was said before, this is certainly an improvement :3
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

Ah thanks both! the second pic with all the hair is the brush tool, which when you do one stroke does like 10 lines or whatever, which is why its so solid - i know what you mean kasey, just thought i'd experiment (: and yeah, i thought the first one looked more flowy, my hair always seems a bit stiff which annoys me : / but when i was messing around with this i think its coz im thinking too hard about it - i originally was just doing a quick sketch to colour over it, and so i think because i wasnt wanting it to be perfect, and i just wanted a sketch i was much freer - so i'll try and think like that in all my drawings!

Ok, I promise I'm back this time!! I didn't really feel like drawing for a while, so thats why I've been gone, but since I started again yesterday I don't know why! I did a bit of clothes / folds studying when I was gone though, and I think (/hope) it has made a difference!

I edited the girl sitting with most of the crits, thanks again, I think it looks better (i appologise for the wierd looking thumb):

and I clothed and coloured the other girl (ignore that she has no shoes / proper feet, couldn't be bothered!)

Thanks once again for all your crits, and I'll whip up something new soon! (promise!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsfade View Post
    Ok, I promise I'm back this time!! I didn't really feel like drawing for a while, so thats why I've been gone, but since I started again yesterday I don't know why! I did a bit of clothes / folds studying when I was gone though, and I think (/hope) it has made a difference!

I edited the girl sitting with most of the crits, thanks again, I think it looks better (i appologise for the wierd looking thumb):

Hey-o! I don't know how I missed your thread D: I tried to look at everyone's.

I do like both drawings, but I am only gonna critique one (taking a break from my video game :3 whoo hoo!)

I like the clothing choice for her, it's simple, but it also shows thought with the shirts layered. I also like the color combo--dark/light purple.
    You have also made improvements since the first one

Another thing you might to need to alter a bit is her neck. It seems a little thick to me. One way to help, is to maybe add a line showing that her neck is twisted a bit. You could do that by just adding a line straight down to separate the shoulder from her neck. Does that make sense? Sorry, I don't red line I should start doing it so I don't confuse people (but I'd have to go from one computer to the other, and I'm too lazy. Sorry!)

I might also make her left thumb (our right) a little shorter, and put extend a line differentiating the pointer from the thumb. It will give the hand a little more definition. It is pretty good, otherwise

Doing good! :3 Glad I came back. I would have missed your art!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Thanks very much yeah dw, I see what you mean about the neck, and thanks for the other crits!

Decided to do something a bit different, with a couples picture I like, never draw guys, so it's a bit of a challenge for me! (especially guys' hair, i find it hard to draw somehow o.O) I think I'm getting a bit better at hair, the girl's hair looks more natural (to me anyway). Any crits appreciated

ps. crits for his hand would be appreciated, my ref pic cut off at the thumb and the little bend of the next finger, so I had to kinda guess at the rest!

Your hair is cute in this pic especially the girl's and well its cute in general. You need to drop the boy's ear it show align with the brow and the tip of his nose. The thumb does seem too long, also the girl's lower arm should extend more so her hand should also be visible. That's all I can think of.

Thanks a lot spider dunno how i didn't notice about the girl's arm xD hopefully some improvement:

I also started a picture I'm working on to give to someone, it's a character called Amumu from a game League of Legends. I thought it'd be easy to draw, but all the bandage (as its a mummy) is quite hard o.O tis a wip, but would appreciate any comments to make it better (google has lots of ref pics )

Fiinally I coloured one of Sunny's pics from the MT lineart bank for a bit of a break. I didn't bother to shade, as there is a lot of detail and I was very tired o.O but it's under the spoilers if any of you are interested

SPOILER! :