Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow's Art :) Zombie Thread

Well I'm back after quite a break xD I haven't actually drawn anything since I last posted, but I don't think I've gotten TOO rusty.

Here's a pencil drawing I did today and yesterday, sorry it's a bit dark, I made it darker so you could see the background sketch lines a bit clearer, but you still can't see a lot of it haha. Anyway, critique would be appreciated, I'm planning on maybe digitally inking this. Thanks as always

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    sad that no one has posted anything on this yet so....*ahem
    First off, nice hair, and I like the style of the hand.
    Secondly The lady's body is a little...off. I think her leags are too small.
    The eyelids are...okay. I would lift them just a tad to show the eye underneath.
    Watch out for the left hand, and the perspective on the bank there. It is also a little off.
    other than that it looks okay for a rough...maybe add some more detail to the background before you start.

Thanks glad you like the hair, I struggle to draw any hair thats remotely curly or frizzy :< Just to clarify, by the legs too small, do you mean length wise (not long enough) or width wise (not wide enough?). Thanks about the hand, i kinda forgot about it lol, it was like that in the ref pic coz their left hand was on a bulge, so i either need to flatten out the hand or add a rock or something under it haha. thanks again for the critique (:

Everything concerning the upper body is ok. But i think that the legs and the hips part could have been done better. it looks as if the the lower part of the body is squished. I think you should do more pose study's and anatomy practices. Hands are exceptionally good.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Thanks Ged, I hadn't really noticed how squished the bottom part was but now you both pointed it out it's quite obvious hehe.. I'll work on that more, I've only ever done like 2 sitting-ish poses before, so I obv need to do a lot more practice (: and at the hand comment, I still struggle to draw them so glad they turned out well!

I should have something posted up again soon!

Ok, here's a coloured and background version of the picture of Amumu I started a page back for a friend. Any comments / tips about the background or the character is welcome before I give to them

I also did a pencil drawing yesterday, but my scanner is broken atm so will have to wait till at least the weekend to put it up.

You probably already gave this to your friend by now, but I'll try and criticize regardless in hope that it helps you in the future xD

I think you should keep in mind the light source when shading, the shading as a whole seems quite a bit random. None of the objects have any shadows on the ground either, despite how they're shaded. You could also add some more contrast in your shading (Darker shades in the shading). Here are some references:

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

Obviously you don't have to make it look that realistic, but you can use these type of pictures as a small guide when coloring/drawing. They're easily findable in google images :P

Another thing, there seems to be a lot of left over empty space, which gives the pictures a bit of an..empty feeling :P You could move the palm tree and pond possibly a bit more into the background and the character a bit closer, making it so he overlaps the palm tree/pond a bit, then crop pointless space. This would give more attention to the character. (Basically, move everything a bit closer and change the perspective of the things in the foreground)

I also think you should have spent a bit more time on the palm tree, water, and pyramids. Or just the coloring in general! :P

The characters cool though, and his eyes look sweet.

nah I haven't yet, I've only ever drawn like 2 or maybe 3 backgrounds digitally so I know I suck at them so was hoping for some help xD thanks a lot, I'll start work on your suggestions and then hopefully get something up in a few days i appreciate it

Thanks again for the help toast, I haven't gotten round to editing it yet as I've been without my computer for over a week, but I shall get round to it and hopefully improve it!

Some new pencil drawings - first one is an incomplete picture of a witch (meant to be holding a lantern in the space)

Then I have 2 anatomy practices:
    SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

aaand finally, this last one I would appreciate the most critique on, as I'm planning on making into a proper digital drawing (was a bit inspired by one of rio's inspiration of the day pics so....)

with reference here: http://www.posemaniacs.com/archives/191

as always thanks for the crits and comments

---------

Edit: Started line art of the picture, made a few changes to slight errors I saw, but let me know if anything else needs changing

Last edited by Shadowsfade; 04-17-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Wow! It's nice to see you practicing :3 The last one is looking really good!

I'd like to see the witch when you're done, she's got a really good pose--starting out quite well!
    Might need to change the brim of the hat a bit, make it wrap around her head a little more so it's rounded, and move the line for the top of the hat up a bit to match where her head goes back. I like the design of the dress so far, and I think you've done a good job the folds of the clothes around her waste I always have trouble with that, and can learn from this image :P

There's also something about the lips that I can't place my finger on. Not much help, I'm sorry! But something there is bugging me. I love her hair! It's got movement, but it's not over worked. Looking good!

Hope to see it when you finish!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique