Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow's Art :) Zombie Thread

Thanks for the tips ink, helped with some drawings I did yesterday, and i shall deffo download that and give it a go

As promised, I have a couple of things to post - posemaniacs was down, and the 3 pics i drew yesterday to work on anatomy are too small to bother to post here or ink digitally, soo I decided to pop over to the MT lineart bank, and start practicing some colouring! I messed around with diff settings / brushes and I think I see an improvement to how my colouring has been so far! All credit to Cloudy for the great lineart

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Shadowsfade; 02-04-2012 at 09:55 AM.

^ You're welcome

2 more pics, first one is a proper drawing, though I don't think it's one of my best! and second is just a doodle and messing around in sai - thanks for recommending it, it seems pretty good! will play around with it a bit more to get used to it

SPOILER! :

I love the horns on the Devil girl, and nice work on the little companion, nice work on her expression. Nice spill of hair, too.

The 2nd one was done well, too. Great work on the outfit, the feather was drawn nicely. As much as I dislike using the word, I find the second piece.... cute.

As for the last one, hard pose, so the little things can be excused. Nice work on the hands... O look forward to more of your work, ha ha ha.

^ if you read her comment she only coloured those two the drawings are actually mine xD

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

@shadow

If she is leaning she would have a lot of force on that hand and usually the pose would need a flat hand to support her weight which would need forshortening on the thumb it can be a very hard thing to draw also the ribcage seems kinda wide to me, try making her head a little bigger to even it out
    Last edited by Cloudy; 02-07-2012 at 01:44 AM.

-dons a dunce cap- My bad, Striding Cloud.

Oh, could you critique my work Cloud? and of course Shadow, I'd appreciate it if you did the same, if you have the time.

Some crits on the sitting pose:
    I think you did a good job on the hands, although what cloudy said it true. The ear looks like its too far up on her head and I think the actual head is a little squashed. I'm not sure about this but I think the shoulders are a bit too broad, she looks kind of chunky and manly, although her breasts look alright.
    The legs look a lot like they've been chopped off at the knees. Some tutorials and practice with forshortening could help you draw poses like that. Also mayb do some fabric studies to learn about folds. I think it would ad a lot to your pictures if you can make the clothing more detailed.
    I'm glad you're having fun with sai, I see that you are playing round with the lineweight in your doodles. It'd be cool to see some variation on the thickness of your lineart for your pics.

What Cloudy and INk said. Also mouth too far of to the left, more hair study, more cloths fold study. Other then that its pretty much ok.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Wow, thanks everyone for your comments! They really help! I'm glad you like the hands, I still find them so hard to draw xD but dont most people! Yeah, with hinesight i see what you mean about the leaning on the hands - in my ref, the hand was on the finger tips, but that would be very painful to do if you were leaning on it! Also, the size of the head totally makes sense, I could tell something was off. I also thought that the legs looked chopped off but couldn't work out how to sort it : / if i have time I'll go back and make some changes! Thanks again for all the crits, and hopefully I'll get some more things whipped up in the next few days!

Okay, well here's a little bit of lineart WIP I did this evening will add clothes and maybe colour later