Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow's Art :) Zombie Thread

The redline says it all Please ask if ask if confused
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Thanks for the crits - I've edited the girl, using most of them - i thought i'd clarify with the feet, in the ref, both feet are on tip toes (I know it wasn't too clear from my pic, as I didnt angle our right foot enough etc) so I've changed that which hopefully makes clearer - but let me know if you still think it needs changes!

I also got around to working more on the picture on the previous page - I made the hands a bit bigger, and coloured it, but I'm still unsure what to do with the shoulders - I see from the pic I got linked that normally there's a bulge, but as I said, in the reference I linked that's not how it looks, so I'm not sure how to proceed? Ideas welcome (if you need the reference I used its on the previous page)

Thanks again!

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I dont know if anyones mentioned this but using basic shapes then building up from there will help you to get the right figure you are looking for.
    You can break the body down into circles cylinders cubes triangles squares and rectangles of various sizes and stack them appropriatley to create the basic human shape. When you do it this way you can spot what isint in proportion easier and make the character look more life like. After youve made the basic shape you can connect the gaps between the shapes with lines and curves and soften the edges of the harder shapes like squares9rounding them out kinda) into the figure that you were looking for your character.
    If you try this im sure you will see allot of improvement in your over all anatomy. Good luck and good drawing.

Thanks for the advice Psy ^^ sometimes I do that, but when I use a ref I tend not to - I should try doing it even then!

Here's a WIP of something for the Pimp my art thread, advice would be appreciated. I had some trouble with the legs, they didn't seem to be working out : / hope the drawing is clear enough -

p.s. does anyone have any good tutorials / tips for shading? I know the basics about light source etc, so don't really need that (I don't think), but I wanna try and make my shading a bit more realistic, especially for hair - atm its just basic block shading (which comes out fainter when I post the pic on here than on my actual pic on my comp) so would like to try and work on it.

The neck should be a bit thinner. Try tapering the legs, too, to add more depth. (Your one is a lot smaller than the other. Also, keep in mind shoulder placement. The line shouldn't go all the way to the back. Otherwise, this is looking pretty dang spiffy. The hair is great.

Neck is awkward, a bit far back like she is recoiling. Also, Is she one-armed, or are you not finished?

Yeah, I hadn't decided what I was gonna do with the other arm yet! Thanks both for your comments, hopefully it looks better now -

tag654's character for the Pimp my Art thread (which is awesome btw, should check it out if you havent yet!)

You should work with a body structure (and muscles) as reference. Work muscles and basic body structure, it will help you to improve.

Sorry I disappeared for a few weeks, it's been exam time at school and I've had noo time to draw D: but my last one was today, so hopefully I'll get something posted up here in the next day or two!

Hey, thanks for offering me some feedback on my first post! I thought maybe I could offer you some tips in exchange.

I can see that you're starting to get a good idea of the shape of things in the body, my main advice for anatomy is pretty much what everyone else has said, keep using references and study muscles and bones. I would add that I find it helpful to draw an underskeleton even when I'm are using a reference. This helps you learn the proportions and general shape better than just doing it when you're not using a reference because you'll be able to compare your 'skeleton' to the real person. It might also help you to add more detail to your skeletons, just try finding some of the simple skeletons other artists use.
    Example:

I just sort of muddle along with learning to colour, sometimes I look at other artists and try to colour in a similar way.

I notice that you use gimp for your work, I know its free but I would suggest you try out some other programs as well, I personally found I outgrew gimp quickly.

I like paint tool sai, and its fun to play around in for colouring. You can get it here:
    http://sai.detstwo.com/sai/

sorry this advice is super general, I'll give you a better crit next time you post :P