Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Shadow's Art :) Zombie Thread

I think the first one was the most noticeable personally

Soo I'm back from the dead with 2 little warm-up faces. I literally haven't drawn since I've been at uni after my last post just before I left (apart from a snowman) so forgive any rusty-ness o.O (I don't think I did too bad considering it's been like 11 weeks!). I think the eyes are a little small, but not 100%...

SPOILER! :

Lookin good It's a bit hard to critique without seeing your references but:

On the first: The ear's a little low. The eye on the right is lower than the other. I think the nose is at a weird angle/perspective; you shouldn't be able to see all of the nostrils

On the second: the eyebrows are pretty uneven (one's bushier than the other, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thanks for the crits JJ the first one's head was at a bit of an angle, but looking back after your crits I didn't really portray it! So thanks for letting me see as yes it does look wonky otherwise!

Another picture, a WIP, and a much bigger size than I normally draw, so hopefully I can get in a nice bit of detail in it. Something is bugging me about the shoulder area.. I think the neck and shoulders may be a bit wide, but not sure. Our left arm was annoying me too, couldn't get the shape quite right, and for some reason the hand just looks like stubby fingers, rather than bent towards the palm like they're meant to! Anyway, any crits would be greatly appreciated

So it's not very easy to help here, because I can't really tell exactly what you are trying to do. Something hints at that you are trying to draw this as if we are looking down on this girl slightly, but I'm not really sure that's the case. Would you mind describing what you want to achieve here?

Hmmn I wasn't trying to do looking down slightly, but I can see where you're coming from. I'll post my ref which will hopefully help http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=gallery%3Afaestock%2F7428&offset=24#/d5kysxb

Hmm, I believe the biggest problem is that the body is just much too short for the head. The upper should be lengthened a head's length more. The neck's really short and maybe a bit too thick. Try defining the shoulders more; they just mold into the upper arms, whereas there should be a slight dip seperating them. The ears are a bit low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Ok I see

Well, JJ's analysis there seems pretty legit. Think about how the different parts of the body connects to each other and try to put it all together. Like the neck for example; where does it connect to the head, and where and how is it attached to the torso? Have a look in the mirror

Well I'm back from the dead - didn't realise how long it had gotten since I've posted, as I still lurk around the site whenever I can! The University monster has just taken up too much time for me to do much drawing so I haven't bothered to post anything. Anyway, now it's summer I'm trying to get back into doing lots of drawing, as all this free time is a good chance to improve!

So I decided to start off doing the Draw this Again meme. I redrew my second picture I ever did on my tablet, and this is the result! I attached the latest pic separately too. I think the arms might be a little thin, as the raised one in particular looks a little off.

Draw this again meme.jpg

witch redraw final.jpg