Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow's Art :) Zombie Thread

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Some simple advice I wish I'd gotten sooner with regards to drawing 'backgrounds' - Don't think of it as adding a background to the character(s). Instead treat the background as an equal part. You can't just hope to add backgrounds if you only practice drawing people. Learn to draw tree's, grass, buildings; all that stuff. Try to put just as much time into the background as the character.

Sorry for the late reply Scarlet, thanks for the advice, I shall deffinitely put it into use!

Finally a quick update before I can get something more up, Doghateburger's character from the Pimp My Art thread to get me back into practice (quality a bit poor from scanner)

Looking good SF I would suggest adding more creases at the knee area and at the ends of her trousers, I also think that you may have made your knees too thin, they look almost as thin as the arms. Hope this helped
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Sooooooo....the body armor is pretty well done but i noticed that there are some folds on her pants suggesting those are pretty tight. BUT then there shouldn't be baggy at the end. Or at least there shouldn't be any folds near the ends. I think that the head might be a bit too big for the body, but im not unfamiliar with the styles that utilize such proportions so i cant say for certain did you want a big head or not. Other then that a pretty good drawing....shading couldn't hurt :P
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Yeah, I kinda started drawing the trousers tight then realised on Dog's picture that they were baggy trousers so tried to compensate at the bottom xD but it doesnt look quite right hehe. I thought the head or the eye might be slightly big... I always draw the head detail first after my initial sketch, whereas this time I drew it last, so I think that's why it got a bit muddled.

And yeah, I should really start shading my pencil drawings, I never do. I guess I get to the point where I'm quite happy with the pic and don't want to ruin xD but next time I do a pencil drawing I shall be brave and shade!

@demon thanks, I hadn't noticed the knees were a bit thin, thanks

thanks both for the critiques!

Ok here's a quick sketch for the night. Tis a WIP for my brother, and is the first pic i've drawn for like half a year without a ref, so im not too pleased with it, even though it's such a simple pose >.< Sorry it's a little hard to see, that's scanners for you, but hopefully I can get some overall comments for when I start to refine it better tomorrow. Ps. Those hands were a pain in the ass, and im still not happy with the one holding the stick : /

I think she's too thin, even though it's 3/4 view
    edit: after posting, our left shin is too short too. Any other things you can notice?

It's really not too bad! The farther side of her body shouldn't be completely straight like that. I think you should curve the breast and shoulders; they're really pointy. the inside of the closer arm should connect with the top of that breast. The feet and neck are a little short, I think.

Keep up the good work!!!

Agreed with jj and i think that the thighs are a lot longer then the calf( they should be around the same size) the hands should start somewhere around the groin and that's it. Good work.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I agree with JJ and Gedeon and I think with the shoulders you could angle them slightly so they are a bit more natural like they shouldn't be like a straight line, keep up your good work

God making a single post without Wi Fi is a nightmare :/
    The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Ahh thanks a lot for all the comments, has helped a lot. Last night I tried doing the pose in the mirror, and I realised that the knee on the straight leg should actually be higher than on the bent leg - I figured as it was bent it would be higher, so changing that should sort out the short shin.

@JJ - Dw about the neck being short, the head was just kinda there for my own placement, will adjust when I add detail and the arm and breast do actually connect, just the scanner kinda decided to edit that out haha. I hadn't noticed at all about the feet and the side, but you're totally right, thanks for pointing it out! and glad you don't think it's a total fail haha

@ Ged - Ah yeah, I did make that a little long.. woops! Thanks, I'll fix that up.

@Demon - last but not least! I shall try and make it less straight, and I appreciate your post despite your lack of wi fi haha!

Havent had a chance to get round to editing today as I've been out all day, but I'll try and post another update tomorrow! Thanks for all your comments, helps a lot!