Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow's Art :) Zombie Thread

Heyy, that looks like an elf from WOW!! Great job, and I definitely see improvement!

Hmmm... all I can say now is to be a little more sharp with your lines. Right now they look kinda bubbly, you know, like bubble letters? Try to make them more like block letters. Although humans (or elves) are soft skinned, the clothes, joints and hair are generally more rigid. Does that make sense? The clothes that are skin tight can be more rounded, but the other parts, like the sleeves and boot cuffs, need to be more, well, boxy. Just try looking at a picture of a t-shirt and cuffed boots. The lines are always straight, they seem to want to keep going but then are stopped by a fold--a vertical line.
    Goshh, I think I suck at giving advice, but I hope you can understand my ramblings anyways...

Good luck!
    Last edited by SnowWhite; 01-08-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Yeahh, it is! I have a love for Night Elves hehe. Yeah I think I get what you mean about the lines - if i get round to it i'll edit the pic, if not will try it on my next pic (edit: just googled pictures of t-shirts / boots and I see! don't know why I made them round!!)
    Last edited by Shadowsfade; 01-07-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Okay, here's another picture I drew this morning Critiques welcome (by the way she's floating, hence position of legs etc)

Last edited by Shadowsfade; 01-07-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Aww, so nice! You're doing an excellent job on your improvements!

Here I'm going to look at the shoulders and arms.
    If you look at anybody with their shoulders exposed and their arms raised, they have muscles that tend to bulge out around the neck. In this pic, they're curved inwards, which gives it an odd feel.
    Look at this pic that Da Vinci drew: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Vitruvian.jpg
    It's probably the best example anybody can give for both cases. (Isn't Da Vinci GREAT??? Gahhh I love him
    On arms, they need to have more curve. Look at the picture I've provided and then compare it to yours and you'll see what I mean. Although the Da Vinci man isn't floating, I hope this pic is helpful enough (:

Yeah, i know my arms dont often have the best curves to them, they just seem to disappear! shall try and work a bit more on that. As for the neck / shoulder thing, i agree with you, but in the ref i used thats how it looked : / unless I just didn't transfer it well from the ref to the drawing: http://www.posemaniacs.com/archives/29 . I've been pretty busy the past few days so dont have anything new to post yet, but i'll hopefully get something done over the next few days. I did manage to find some time yesterday to do the 30 second drawing thing on posemaniacs, it's pretty fun and useful!

I don't know if I can be much help or add much the though the hands are smaller than they should be but the shape of them don't seem too bad so keep practicing...though I believe hands are evil (^^; well aren't they just so hard to draw) keep up the good work, your style is cute, I can't wait to see more.

Yeah I seem to have a habit of making hands too small! I think its coz I also feel that they're evil! Thanks for your comments

Got time to do a little bit of arm practice (just 2 sketches, nothing proper) but the right shape still seems to elude me : / oh well, just more practice i guess! (ps. ignore the crappy anatomy on the second blue one, i couldn't be bothered to draw a proper body) - oh also, how do i change the thread title? :P

Last edited by Shadowsfade; 01-11-2012 at 02:02 PM.

When you draw the breast(her left your right) from that view you want to show the curve at the bottom (does that make sense?) instead you're drawing the side curve which makes the breasts look unnatural. I couldn't explain well so my first attempt at a red line:

Anyway for the title on your first post press the edit button and you should be able to change the title of the thread.

Hi there
    I ignored the right figure as you said and drew some redlines for you.

I moved the head a bit to the left. If you draw a person in that perspective the complete left site is shortened inculding the eye and the shoulder at that side.
    You're also able to see a part of the back, so feel free to add more curves. They should not start where the arm starts, but a bit more behind it. Well I'm not sure how good I am able to explain it so I drew it lol

A tip that should make you able to see more mistakes: Show you your picture in a mirror. There you'll see it with more distance and you'll notice more things you could work on

Thanks very much both of you! Here's something new I did today (in pencil then scanned and inked) and I tried to include several of your guys' crits so far!

Last edited by Shadowsfade; 01-12-2012 at 04:40 PM.