Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Assassin's Creed Series Thread

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The time it takes to find a match in Brotherhood is complete, and utter, BS.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    The time it takes to find a match in Brotherhood is complete, and utter, BS.
    YES. Major turn off for the mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I don't understand the concept of "old school hardcore", so please, explain.

I think it has one of the most tied mechanics of this gen of consoles. Your sword clash against walls, and against different shields the clash is also different, you feel that each sword has a different weight/attack speed, also weapons have properties in their attacks (not just bleed or poison, but stun lock and quick recovery which can mean a quick escape after attacks), mixed this with the properties of different weight capability and poise it make the decision to chose armor and sword a interesting mix. You also have the ability to use sword with both hands, which change the type of attacks (and different armors have different resistance to different type of attacks), and man I could just keep pointing all the amazing stuffs they did in the combat mechanic and why is so deep, but the mater of things, you need to play it to understand.

Well if you got frustrated thats mean the game defeated you.

PD: Also movement, the game is quiet smart about movement of your character, the "footing", which is what I think the hardest part to make.

I guess you're right. I'm a man with a thin line of patience. It's either "gogogo" or the shelf. :/ I know that's sad but I'm not cut out for games like these. Sorry if you think that's pathetic.

Oh and when I said "old school hardcore" I meant like classic RPGs that are similiar to this. I can't recall the ones I played before, but there are. Just can't really pinpoint it now. It's all vague. :/

Quote Originally Posted by deadpool6365 View Post
    I guess you're right. I'm a man with a thin line of patience. It's either "gogogo" or the shelf. :/ I know that's sad but I'm not cut out for games like these. Sorry if you think that's pathetic.
    I didn't said it was sad or pathetic, but you did. The game is hard and doesn't appeal to everything, its like me trying to make you like chess, when you clearly don't have the patient for it.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpool6365 View Post
    Oh and when I said "old school hardcore" I meant like classic RPGs that are similiar to this. I can't recall the ones I played before, but there are. Just can't really pinpoint it now. It's all vague. :/
    I still don't understand this.

PD: something interesting, every character on the game that likes you are going to tell you "please don't go hollow", in a way going hollow (the final moment as a undead where you lose your mind) is similar to rant about the game and drop it.

I still don't understand this.

PD: something interesting, every character on the game that likes you are going to tell you "please don't go hollow", in a way going hollow (the final moment as a undead where you lose your mind) is similar to rant about the game and drop it.
    So you want me to be specific? Ok like I said, games that incoperate RPG elements, more particularly JRPG elements like increasing skill points in stats, skills, grinding... Games like Dragon Age, Fallout 3 in my opinion, comes to mind. I just can't take the time to do all these.... Maybe some people like the concept but it's not for me.

I dont want to be that guy but stats and skills and shit came way before jrpgs existed.

It come from before video games existed lol. Also, stats and skills are not what made RPG, by definition RPG is Role-Playing Gamer which come from old rpg books, like DnD. They have been notorious for using stats and skills, but the actual core of its mechanic is Role-Playing, which mean interpretation a character. This concept is quiet hard to put on Video Games to make a delimitation, because in which point are you doing role-play or not.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 01-15-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I dont want to be that guy but stats and skills and shit came way before jrpgs existed.
    Whoops. I didn't know that. :/ Honestly, I thought DnD was just some dice and cardboard going on a quest which DOESN'T involve skills/stats buildup. :/

It come from before video games existed lol. Also, stats and skills are not what made RPG, by definition RPG is Role-Playing Gamer which come from old rpg books, like DnD. They have been notorious for using stats and skills, but the actual core of its mechanic is Role-Playing, which mean interpretation a character. This concept is quiet hard to put on Video Games to make a delimitation, because in which point are you doing role-play or not.
    Like the latter, I was ignorant of the fact that it originated from old RPG books. Even at this age, I never really gotten into DnD and their history. I heard of Warhammer 20k and the lot but I don't think they involved skill/stats building? Whatever the case, thanks you guys for clearing it up.

Anyways, let's get back on topic with Assassin's Creed. I think it's gotten a bit sidetracked.
    Last edited by deadpool6365; 01-16-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Sometimes I wish ACII had the option to just walk and fall off of shit. Far too many times have I gotten stuck looking down off a ledge that I just wanted to walk off of, onto a balcony. So I either climb down off of it which irritates me, or try and jump, and seeing as though Ezio only knows how to propel himself off stuff like a rocket, I go flying to the next building, or the ground. Ugh.

Warhammer 40k is actually in a different kind of role playing than DnD, because in this case is about war, which involve many other stats (it simplify the individual stats, but it makes more complex the collective or environmental activities)