Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Assassin's Creed Series Thread

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Focus on the modern day assassins? *shrugs*

I think UbiSoft is just trying to stretch the story the most they can to sell more games.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I think UbiSoft is just trying to stretch the story the most they can to sell more games.
    http://www.damnlag.com/assassins-cre...-product-line/

He said it perfectly =,)

But yeah, dunno, I feel like ubisoft is hungry, but I wouldn't say is that hungry (i hope its not).

Fenn
    Jumping in late, but I feel like a modified version of the AC:B combat system would work perfectly in an actual swordfigthing game. The changes would have to include more options to get around counterattacks as well as more than one "attack" button, but on the whole it could work really well in, say, a pirate game.

Actually whenever I found myself fighting in the open in AC 2&3 I felt like a pirate. Long curved sword, lots of dodging and parrying, a loud, obnoxious hidden pistol, a dagger, and smoke bombs? I call pirate.

I think its impossible to do a realistic sword fighting game mechanic. There are so many things to take in consideration.

Fenn
    I think its impossible to do a realistic sword fighting game mechanic. There are so many things to take in consideration.
    Exactly. It's even harder with martial arts, by the way. Which is why Assassin's Creed's mechanic was pretty impressive to me: at least I felt some sort of immersion in the concept.

Dunno, I think Demon's Souls and Dark Souls did a way better job with combat (one of the greatest sword fighting combat mechanic ever).

Dunno, I think Demon's Souls and Dark Souls did a way better job with combat (one of the greatest sword fighting combat mechanic ever).
    I understand that those two games are considered "old school hardcore" but I doubt they did good with the sword fighting mechanic. I got somewhat frustrated halfway with Demon Souls and decided to stop playing it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by deadpool6365 View Post
    I understand that those two games are considered "old school hardcore" but I doubt they did good with the sword fighting mechanic. I got somewhat frustrated halfway with Demon Souls and decided to stop playing it. :/
    I don't understand the concept of "old school hardcore", so please, explain.

I think it has one of the most tied mechanics of this gen of consoles. Your sword clash against walls, and against different shields the clash is also different, you feel that each sword has a different weight/attack speed, also weapons have properties in their attacks (not just bleed or poison, but stun lock and quick recovery which can mean a quick escape after attacks), mixed this with the properties of different weight capability and poise it make the decision to chose armor and sword a interesting mix. You also have the ability to use sword with both hands, which change the type of attacks (and different armors have different resistance to different type of attacks), and man I could just keep pointing all the amazing stuffs they did in the combat mechanic and why is so deep, but the mater of things, you need to play it to understand.

Well if you got frustrated thats mean the game defeated you.

PD: Also movement, the game is quiet smart about movement of your character, the "footing", which is what I think the hardest part to make.