Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Assassin's Creed Series Thread

There is nothing like playing an action/adventure with puzzle interactions. It took me hours on end to figure out the bits and pieces from ACII, and I just started to play Revelations. I'm enjoying the gameplay so far. The first one, yeah it was repetitive, but after ACII I played all the others. The game itself is fun, it's additicing. And sometimes you'll catch yourself going, "Yeah, my blade is sticking out of your back! What now, Huh?!" or "Opps, was that your spine?" or some other crazy thing from the rush you get from "I gotta stab this guy in the back, I gotta do this and that." and it's fun.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Fenn
    ONe other thing that irked me was that the crossbow made things so easy. Without it the difficulty becomes more suitable to a game about an assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    ONe other thing that irked me was that the crossbow made things so easy. Without it the difficulty becomes more suitable to a game about an assassin.
    I have to disagree on that. Yes, it makes assassination seem more watered down, but when you think of it in terms of story, the assassins need to find better means of improving their skills and tools to rid of the templar movement. They do need to get with the times in a way. A crossbow is fitting in this case maybe but not properly thought out in terms of assassination/utilisation.

Anyways, some targets are not easily killed with a crossbow in Revelations so in a way, they made it a bit more harder in that sense. I know how it was in Brotherhood with the one-shot kill from a crossbow. Now that got a bit repetitive.

is ur character ever hopped up on drugs

I never bothered with a crossbow, I generally stab people with the knife of beat them up with their own sword.

I don't even bother with the crossbow. I bought the damn thing and don't even use it. It just looks cool holstered on Ezio's shoulder. That's all I know or even want to care with that thing. I prefer close quarter combat using the blades or swords available. Anyone get into fights with 20-30 guards at a time and survive? I have, and I know it's easy if you know what you are doing.

How easy did you guys think getting the Master Assassin armor was?

A little related to the crossbow subject. I never liked the combat in Assassin Creed, it was very blunt, picking weapons was annoying some times and enemies fight more like trying to survive than trying to kill you. Also because I don't like how some weapons are used.

But, the game is about assassins, not warriors or knights, so I think it was something to expect.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The only thing I could say I really hated was the fact that it was so easy to slip up and assassinate someone you never intended to. Can't tell you how many times I've just wanted to say hi to someone, and end up sticking my hidden blades in their face.

just like in real life.

Well you could....you know...take off the hidden blades off your wrist before you say "hi"...or you could just practice your aiming skills? xD just joshin' ya, Gunz.