Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Assassin's Creed Series Thread

Hybrid View

The Assassin's Creed Series Thread

I just realised there wasn't a thread for this great series. I love the current storyline which was well thought and in my perspective a good one at that. Hardly do I feel for characters in the game and what Ubisoft has done with Ezio's story is brilliant. You see through his life from an angsty teenager to a master assassin in search of answers in foreign lands.

I also love the way they told Altair's last moments in life in Revelations. I was sad when that happened and at the same time it just felt right.

Also the soundtrack for AC always seem to be in the right tone for the right moments and that impacts the gameplay experience even more.

I don't know about any of you but I would love to hear more thoughts and opinions from others in MT.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Well I know one person in particular who would trip balls, being an uber fan of the series.
    I myself find it pretty damn awesome, hell, close to perfect.
    I love the storyline, and pretty much all the characters. Although I don't quite understand why Shaun is a mega douche to Desmond at the beginning of ACII...guess he's just a natural mega douche.

Anyways, I've yet to play AC:R, it'll have to wait, lol.

I think that they need a douche like Shaun to make the story seem more dynamic. Most games that attempt this usually end up making the character annoying/unwanted and just more like cannon fodder. In ACII, I find this isn't the case. The way they portray Shaun just fits his character and just makes him even more memorable with the rest of the characters aside from Desmond.

Fenn
    The soundtrack is definitely awesome. The games too. I've never finished any of them, but I don't need to; they're just so much fun as sandbox games.

The only thing I never liked was how much health Ezio could get. I bought almost no armor for him in Brotherhood and I enjoyed it more as a result.

But-but it makes you look cool.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    But-but it makes you look cool.
    Which would be great if it didn't turn me into a General from Fire Emblem.

I played the first game and didnt like it... played some of the 2nd one and it seemed way better

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    I played the first game and didnt like it... played some of the 2nd one and it seemed way better
    Never played the first but heard it was too repetitive, which was fixed in the second.

I like the first one a lot but extremely disliked the second one so I never played the others.

ACII is the shit. Even though some of the puzzles kick my ass hours on end.