Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Money is the most important thing in the world

Delph I think your views are a little extreme. Are you promoting survival of the fittest? If we all just took whatever we wanted from who ever was around it seems like those more skilled at stealing would survive while those who are less selfish or are weaker would be screwed. Thats not a view I can really support.

Inksprout, this is Delphinus. I don't think you two have met before.

No. I think I've only promoted survival of the fittest once, and I was being pretty stupid then.

I think it makes sense for these laws to exist, because without them there would be a total collapse of society, but I think that ultimately that's just a game of power. The law only exists to make it possible for cordial relationships between people to exist; while I think that the laws should be there to serve that purpose, I don't believe that individuals have any moral obligation to obey these laws if they think they can get away with it. There's a conflict - always has, always will be - between what an individual wants and what a group wants. The group wants to survive and reap the benefits of being united, but the individual wants the most for himself, and indeed the only logical reason to join a group is to further one's own interests. Where the group wants something that you don't want, you have the right to disobey. But likewise the group has the right to force you to bow to its will by hook or by crook.

I'm promoting people not believing that the law is the be-all and end-all of ethics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

I love how movie directors are mostly pro piratery, while video game industry is completely against it. It shows where the priorities are.

And I agree with delp, if this is a capitalist market, then this problem is just a survival of the fittest (only in piratery).
    Last edited by ClockHand; 01-03-2012 at 09:22 PM.

OK then delph, I can agree with that, as I said many of my own friends shoplift without a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I love how movie directors are mostly pro piratery, while video game industry is completely against it. It shows where the priorities are.

And I agree with delp, if this is a capitalist market, then this problem is just a survival of the fittest (only in piratery).
    Games are 60 bucks a pop man @_@ plus with updates you're wasting bandwidth space giving them out to people who haven't paid

It cost 60 bucks because they pay to publishers. With virtual sells the price is obviously decreased.

Of course if they don't become greedy bastards.