Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post Christmas Thread

Don't you get the option between 32 and 64 bit when installing windows?
    Anyways, no christmas presents for us so yeah. Just spent christmas watching some skyrim let's plays, cuz my pc is just too shitty to run it properly.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That must be a horrible fate, mein son.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Also got two books of the Hunger Games
    You'll like those books.
    Also of interest when you read. Some really entertaining chapter-by-chapter commentary. I would read one chapter at a time and go online to read the review, haha.

I got an iPhone, some jewelry, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Boy Meets World seasons 1-3, longjohns, a hat, a down mattress cover, and some gift cards.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 12-25-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Ho-hum. The actual Christmas itself could've been better, but I wont complain about the loot:

Medium Wacom Intuos4, Skullcandy Uprock heaphones, The Alchemist, Don't Know Much About History, some money, a Chipotle gift card, a Toblerone bar, 2 sketchpads, and a stapler. Yes, a stapler. lol
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    some money
    Cash
    Rules
    Everything
    Around
    Me

C.R.E.A.M.

Get the money [===] Dolla dolla bill yaaaaa'lll.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Right ...
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

@Sho - I only had a 32-bit install CD when my computer came, and I even had to use the pirate activator on that since it stopped accepting my key after 30 days. But it was 32-bit Ultimate, and I only have 64-bit Premium now, so it's a bit of a trade-off.

@Seefy - This book is amazing so far. I did the same thing Mark did and didn't even read the back cover until I'd finished chapter 6. He is definitely more easily surprised than me, though. For example, chapter 1 spoiler:
    SPOILER! :
    I was POSITIVE Prim would be chosen for the Games. I don't know what it was that hinted me off. Probably the fact that Kat disregarded the possibility so easily.

No, Collins' strong suit definitely isn't subtlety, but she did manage to get an emotional reaction out of me in the beginning of chapter 2. More than I can say for most books. It was this part (chapter 2 spoiler, taken directly from the Mark Reads thing):
    SPOILER! :
    I did like this moment a lot, when Trinket asks District 12 to applaud Katniss for her sacrifice:

To the everlasting credit of the people of District 12, not one person claps. Not even the ones holding betting slips, the ones who are usually beyond caring. Possibly because they know me from the Hob, or knew my father, or have encountered Prim, who no one can help loving. So instead of acknowledging applause, I stand there unmoving while they take part in the boldest form of dissent they can manage. Silence. Which says we do not agree. We do not condone. All of this is wrong.

Again, the writing feels a bit stilted and obvious, but it’s a powerful moment nonetheless.
    Last edited by Matt; 12-25-2011 at 09:01 PM.

Fenn
    Got Nintendo 3DS and Mario Kart 7. Talk to everyone in a year.

dammit...

i wish i was able to celebrate christmas.
    i quitte frankly don't give a shit about the presents right now, i just wish i was able to visit my family and having a good time together.
    instead: i'm forced to stay at home, because there are no busses in service whatsoever. and i'll probably won't be able to celebrate new years eve with my girlfriend and her family, because of the same damn reason.

FML

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    That blows Baron. I'll let you borrow my scooter for New Year's.

My Christmas has been amazing. I don't think I've enjoyed myself this much in a long time.

I got:

Two bags of White Rabbit candy, which is probably the best candy in the world and has been impossible to find for like three years
    $1000, a new alarm clock, and a really comfy long cardigan from my grandma
    A one-cup coffee maker that can use K-cup pods and regular coffee grounds and a $20 Starbucks gift card from my uncle
    $50 and a big discount on my dad's old Mazda
    A really cool owl hat and a coffee sampler from my sister
    Chocolate from my boss
    Time at my grandma's house with my family, eating delicious food and my absolute favorite Christmas cookies, some of which I was able to take home for snacking later.