Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Portogas: Secondo Wave

Hybrid View

Portogas: Secondo Wave

Hello!

Long time,since I have been here on MT. Things have been a little busy with school and everything else but I do still draw a lot. I apologize for those of you who suddenly lost contact with me, as I said things have been very busy. I will also soon attend a private illustrator and graphic design school. I'm really excited!

But but back to what I really should say .. ehm! Yes! I have earlier posted out a group of pictures I called Primo Wave, I also said that I will be posting Secondo Wave, and here it comes! Or some of the pictures anyway ... it is mostly a mix of sketch and some pictures where I test the effects and fades. So I would really appriciate some critics AND also I wish you an excellent crhsitmas and new year!

This is a character I'm currently working on still not finished :P

I only finished the first pic here, maybe someday I will finish the other one haha

I designed this character for a freind, but I was mostly testing out some different styles :P

Drawing hand can be extremely difficult sometimes, the first thing you need to know is the basic structure of the human hand. Later on you can play around with it and come up with your own style, or at least I tried to ^^

Last edited by Cloudy; 03-11-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Dude you say you want critiques I say I want lessons from you. Joking but seriously I say these are great except The colored version of the one you designed for a friend looks alittle weird. It looks like the eyes are placed kinda weirdly placed. Or they may be to big.

Quote Originally Posted by kine View Post
    Dude you say you want critiques I say I want lessons from you. Joking but seriously I say these are great except The colored version of the one you designed for a friend looks alittle weird. It looks like the eyes are placed kinda weirdly placed. Or they may be to big.
    I knew something was wrong with that eye! Haha, thanks! I will look into it, and I was considering making a tutorial on how I draw my characters, if there are people interested ^^

i can't really critique you without feelin' like a hypocrite... since i suck. BUT if my life depended on it, the left ear in your first drawing could use some more detail, and the hand in the fourth one (your kinda missing a finger)...

btw... your an awesome drawer

Haha, no I really appriciate it! Left ear? Yes now that you mention it... weird .. hmm anyhow! Thanks a lot! And don't be so hard on yourself really, no one starts with being professional just draw draw draw til it becomes natural. One day it will pay off ^^
    Last edited by Portogas; 12-24-2011 at 01:08 PM.

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    1.) The eyes are different sizes and uneven. Also, if the irises are only halfway showing, so should the pupils, since they are always in the center of the iris.
    2.) I don't really see anything wrong with this except the characters right ear, on our left. I think the ears are uneven, maybe?
    3.) Great use of tones, I wish I could use those, but I don't have any. The only problem is the hand. I have a remedy for that.
    4.) Hard to critique this one, but I do have a good way to do hands. You draw a trapezoid at the wrist, and draw four circles on the largest side(small side goes on wrist). Draw one on the side the thumb would be on. Then do a bracket, showing the joints of the fingers, connected by lines. Then you can draw fingers around them. It works pretty well.

That's it, great job, you have some really good drawings, and you should deffs keep it up. I have one last tip. It helps a lot with the size of the ears and eyes, and can make your eyes and ears being even with there counterpart. Eye + Eye Ear + Ear. Draw the cast for the head. It helps bunches.

I've written it all down! haha thanks!

I really like your lineart. On the colored one...well, I would make sure not to just make it one solid color. Also, the blue texture is so different. If it was more grainy, it might fit. Still, a great pose and all that.

Yeah, i was trying out some different tones and color combination but thnx! ^^

The nly thing i found worth mentioning is the third drawing(head) It kinda looks unbalanced and his/her facial features are..... weird. THe mouth is really close to the nose, and one side of the mouth is reallllly bigger then the other. But i really like the grainy one, but as sunny said a grainy filter for the sleeves would do magic with the whole drawing!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.