Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's your idea for a game?

A game where at the start you break up with somebody you see every day and you spend the rest of the year avoiding them cleverly.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    That's like Metal Gear solid except all of the guards are you ex-girlfriend.

Oh god Cype this mental image you just gave me. I can't stop laughing.

But anyway, I've had this idea for a while now which would basically be a cross between Space Station 13, Dwarf Fortress and a Roguelike. Basically a randomly generated space opera

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    A game like Dead Space, except you can only use your environment to slow down enemies that are just as fast, and just as deadly as the original enemies. So you toss shit in the way and use wits, in an attempt to run for your life to a safe spot. Sorta like Amnesia but action oriented.
    And that's my idea of the day.

Fenn
    I love this thread.

A The Last Airbender fighting game. The cast and variety of movesets is limitless.

I want to make an arsty kind of a game about a butterfly where there are as many levels as there would be days in the butterfly's life cycle. The whole point of the game would be fore the butterfly to fly from where it hatches (in the city) to a place in the country side where it can meet a mate/die happy. The player would have to navigate obsticles such as weather, plants and animals etc.

A game where you play as fenn

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Oh god Cype this mental image you just gave me. I can't stop laughing.

But anyway, I've had this idea for a while now which would basically be a cross between Space Station 13, Dwarf Fortress and a Roguelike. Basically a randomly generated space opera
    This actually sounds awesome. I have no idea how someone would go about giving it a 3D interface, but the idea of a DF-sized universe with each system being the size of a tile is pretty wicked. Imagine the sheer scale of things, zooming in and having each planet be a tile within that, then zooming in again and having each ship be a tile within that, until you finally end up with people-sized blocks. That would kick Eve online's ass any day. :3

A fighting game where you can customize your avatar's appearance, fighting style & supernatural abilities except the world is free roaming & you can just about choose any path you want to as your fighter gains experience & more power. You could be a pro fighter & still go out and street fight, but the media could find out. Or you could be a street tough & start a gang. You could be a traditionalist who studies his art diligently...whatever. But, the game environment would not only fit your custom play, but create scenarios to try & stop you at whatever your ultimate goal was. The game would also create an antagonist for you to constantly have to deal with that would be the antithesis of your goal as fighter. (i.e., if your a disciplined fighter, he/she would be a street fighter with so much raw ability that he's better than most trained martial artists). Also, I'd love it the controls were simple yet completely articulated especially if you were doing advanced moves.

Someone please tell me there's a game like this & I buy it today.
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 12-27-2011 at 12:52 PM.

a game where u throw boxes 2 achieve ur goals