Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sylux and Jaidurn: The Ubermen?!

Sylux and Jaidurn: The Ubermen?!

SPOILER! :
    These are a journal of my transition to the Uberman Sleep Schedule. It's supposed to be a very, very tough transition, and I need to find some way to document my sort of trials, I suppose, along with my excitement in trying to find time for this schedule in my daily school life for the next 3 full days including today as of 12.20.2011.

12.20.2011 - 12:47AM

I'm starting the Uberman Sleep Schedule at 1AM -5 GMT. I'll be sleeping at 1AM, 5AM, 9AM, 1PM, 5PM, and 9PM, each for 30 minutes a piece. I do, though, have school tomorrow, and the next day, and half a day after that. It will be interesting to see where these last days will lead me academically. I will be traveling in Italy during my transition, so I will attempt to log my adventures in trying to fit in naps during tours.
    Last edited by Sylux; 12-20-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    So ... What are you going to do during the School year? And what are the benefits of this?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Being Uber.

I am going to shift my sleep schedule to 3PM, 7PM, 11PM, 3AM, 7AM, and 11AM in January. The benefits are:
    • More energy during the 4 waking hours
    • More time to do stuff
    • Supposed healthier feeling
    • Desire to eat properly
    • Wonderful waking hours

There are some numerable drawbacks, but they are worth it to me.

--JOURNAL--

12.20.2011 - 1:35AM

The first period of sleeping time was utterly terrible. I entered it with a positive attitude, and exited it with no sleep or rest, and now a bit of doubt about the next few rounds of sleep. Perhaps it is my empty stomach? I shall snack on vegetables in the hours before my sleeping time to see if that should solve my problem.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Oh, wow, my roommate Ubermanns about twice a year. It's super cool that you're trying it, Sy. (:

I practice a biphasic sleep schedule sometimes because it lines up with my natural inclinations better (6pm-10pm; 4am-9am). My mom dragged me to a doctor over it, and they said it was just fine. Good luck, dude, and whatever you do, don't skip a nap. You will pay bigtime for it.

That's pretty interesting! I've always heard of people trying the Uberman for time or the Dymaxion for a challenge (or the Monophasic because they're squares), but never a normal Biphasic or Everyman. How is it? Do you feel well-rested?

Yeah, I feel totally fine. I mean, I try to run strictly monophasic when I go to stay with my family (because my parents have a fit about how I sleep), but I always get severely screwed up. Today I slept mono from 4am-4pm, and it was horrid.

What dictates when I sleep are my downtime hours. I choose to sleep when I'm most tired and/or unmotivated. After some research on it about two years ago, I found out that my segmented sleep cycle is fairly normal in the climate I live in. Alaska is getting about 5 hours of daylight this time of year, and some guy named Wehr did a study and found that polyphasic sleeping is more common in people who live in places with less than 10 hours of daylight.

That's interesting to the max! Perhaps if this Uberman works out I'll move to Greenland.

Ha, good luck to you, then. (: A good way to get through the rough patches is to find an online buddy (preferably in a different timezone for when you're up in the zombie hours of night) that's willing to talk you though the sleepy times.

You mean like Jaidurn? :P I'm all jk, that lazy bum won't do anything but play Minecraft. Kodos seems to be up at these ungodly hours, though, so perhaps we shall discuss things when he is not busy!