Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do you like to debate?

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Sadomasochists itt.
    What does ITT mean? I see it everywhere...

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    In this thread.

I always like to challenge ideas myself. (Btw, this is response to the stuff on the first page.) However, I do most of that through my own research, though it is good to hear new ideas because they can bring a lot of insight. I really like to gain more knowledge and understanding, so being able to learn new things is absolutely wonderful for me.

I wouldn't say I like to debate as so much start a dialogue with others (even when they're debating me) to understand their point of view while freely expressing my on on any given subject. I feel that people usually find that some of the points they thought were facts were, in the very least, over-exaggerated & some unknown information on either side of the issue comes to light that gives (at least my mind) a clearer perspective the entire subject.

I usually leave a 'debate' more educated about the subject than I began.

I like to find out why people believe in things I deem to be strange or unusual like religion, conspiracy theories, spiritualism, astrology etc, although debating about movies and music is always fun also. You debate to get a different point of view and to share yours. Anyone willing to debate is always someone with a healthy attitude. If you ever meet anyone who says 'This is what I believe and nobody can convince me otherwise' then their a fucking moron. Move on to the next one.

I assume I'd really like to debate, where I'd provide evidence and then they'd somehow find a way to refute my evidence and I'd find a way to refute their evidence and we go on refuting all night until it comes to a amazing climax of understanding, but every time I try to start a debate it ends up not being a debate, but a shouting match, where they get really mad because of my position and use their loudness as evidence to support themselves.

But yeah, debates would be nice.

Hmm, you all have such interesting views!
    Well, I'd say that I like debating because when I know I'm right and they're wrong, I just get soo extremely excited. Idk why, I just feel so energetic I could burst out laughing. Weird, right? I guess I'm just an excitable person (:
    However... if I know they're right, or if it's about their own views or knowledge, I like to just sit back and listen and then every once in a while make a comment or question. It's really very interesting, listening to people speak. Even if you can't hear them, their whole body tells a story too (:

Great question, Sunny!

Good luck winning here sis

I accept that challenge

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Haha, that's a dangerous motive for debate, but I'm interested in seeing how that plays out here.