Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100 LastLast

Thread: Spam 11: Hurry up and finish this thread so I don't have to change the title

Of course dumping is an art form

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    *looks at your avatar, looks at you, looks back at your avatar, looks back at you. Laughs*

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Bacon, check your mail mofo.
    Back atcha'
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

I don't know, art, according to Tolstoy, should create a emotional link between artist and audience. With this, can you create sadness, happiness, despair, fear, horror or any other emotion or "meta-emotion" while you ride in your skateboard?

The same Tolstoy says that an art (in a sightly different theoretical way), is a speech between artist and audience, in here the artist try to say something, to communicate. Can you communicate while riding a skateboard? Can you create a debate?

Also Art is articulated by symbols, auditive, visuals or tactile. How many symbols do you bring while you ride your skateboard?

You can create a choreography with other skaters to create art, but skateboarding is not art per se.

Sadness- when you work all day for that one trick and can't land it.
    Despair- When you know you're going to nut yourself on the way down.
    Fear- When you slam your hip so bad you think it's broken, or smash your head and feel worried.
    Horror- That giant gash you get on your shins when you screw up.

Skateboarding has all of these emotions, and we often do have an audience. So yes, it is watched, it is enjoyed, there are emotions in it. There's no way it -can't- be an art.

And the main point of skating if you're not a professional, or into nothing but competitions, is to have fun. Why do I draw 90% of the time? To have fun.
    There's also practicing to get better, same as I draw. Doing it just because I want to, same as I draw. Etc. etc. I can go on, because I'm both an artist and a skater. I know my stuff on this subject, bro.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I don't know anything.

*herps a derp*

EDIT: Slowpoke is too fun...

Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 01-04-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Sadness- when you work all day for that one trick and can't land it.
    That is your emotion, not something that the audience can tell.

Despair- When you know you're going to nut yourself on the way down.
    Again, your own experience that doesn't translate in the technique.

Fear- When you slam your hip so bad you think it's broken, or smash your head and feel worried.
    Horror- That giant gash you get on your shins when you screw up.
    Again, its your own experience, and what the audience see is the poor execution of your action. Which they are more worried about your life than the real concept of fear and horror.

According to the proposal of Tolstoy you must translate and communicate the emotions to others, make them feel sad as you or express your view of sadness.

Skateboarding has all of these emotions, and we often do have an audience. So yes, it is watched, it is enjoyed, there are emotions in it. There's no way it -can't- be an art.
    Having an audience doesn't make it an art. And having the emotions just for yourself doesn't make it neither. You need to be able to put those emotions in a auditive, visual or tactile level for the audience to get that experience.

And the main point of skating if you're not a professional, or into nothing but competitions, is to have fun. Why do I draw 90% of the time? To have fun.
    There's also practicing to get better, same as I draw. Doing it just because I want to, same as I draw. Etc. etc. I can go on, because I'm both an artist and a skater. I know my stuff on this subject, bro.
    The technical improvement doesn't create art. You draw as a hobby and you skateboard as a hobby, there is no shame in calling things as they are, hobbies.

I can hardly see you as an artist after seeing how blunt you are at calling certain activities as art.

Listen man, you haven't experienced what I'm talking about for yourself. Go get on a board, practice two years straight to learn ollies, get a group of friends to roll around with, and go to the skatepark a few times. Come back to me then.
    You're not seeing what I'm talking about because as I've said, you're on the outside looking in, missing all the vital details of the actual experience itself.

Dismissal comes so naturally to him he doesn't even realize its a cop out