Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Sunny's Art Haven

you are awesome......BUT you need MOAR hand practice!!! some perspective practice wouldn't hurt but you're pretty solid with that too. your coloring and shading is flawless! Now ( after you master hands/perspective) id advise you to focus on color schemes and color theory n stuff....if you study that your beautifully painted/colored pics will have a lot more BOOM to them.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I actually can draw hands and I can draw more perspecitve-y stuff but I just...don't.

HOWEVER, in the past week, I decided that I'm going to actually really put effort into drawing hands. Drawing from life is always easier!

(I know I can always improve, but let's be honest--I'VE BEEN LAZY.)

I have studied color theory, but that's also one of those things I really want to get into. It's just...FINDING the material to study it. O_____O (I've had color theory classes.) All the stuff I find is like, "This color is this color."

You're totally right, though. I used to have so much detail and such to my drawings. I'm trying to get back to that. I'm so used to people commissioning these cheap things that it's...well, just one of those things that I don't get to practice a whole lot, and I think I'd be so much better if I did. That and lighting. But like always, drawing from life can really teach you a lot, and I should do it more often. Thanks for the crit!

My perspective is kinda off. OH WELL.

Great job! The colors all work so well together and the reflection are very nice! Keep up the wonderful job!

Ithink what I like the most about this is the reflecting colors right now. Thank you so much!

Really good reflections, although one thing id like to see more is MOAR solid colors. Now everything is soft, smudgy and fluffy. but that's just me. pretty good!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I think both of the drawing's are very good, but I like the second one more. I don't know why...I just do Keep drawing

The latest game...

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ry-d5cg0yp.png - large version

I think I messed up the chick's face. Also, it was larger, but I accidentally squished it somehow. I really should have make a cool background or something. Textures are great and all but...eh.

I also whipped this up as a game concept piece for school....

Any thoughts? I really still suck at paws. I need to make a sketchbook of refs for myself of hands and everything else for different poses or something.

I started trying to make some portraits....Grayscale to color. I don't think they turned out bad, but the eyes aren't that great. However, I recently started a new way of doing eyes, so, I think I'm on a new path...I'll show those, too, and you can tell me what you think.

Some attempts at eyes...

I still can't paint skin to save my life. I tried doing some grayscale to color but...it just didn't turn out.

https://d.facdn.net/art/seraphimmoon...w_jenntrfn.png

I still can't paint faces digitally. I can draw them quite well with pencil, but digital---it's like all I know goes out the window or something.

My anatomy was so bad in that picture it's not even funny...sigh.

Sorry for posting so much. Comment on anything you want/if you see anything I could do better next time. Thanks!
    Last edited by Sunny; 09-05-2012 at 10:38 PM.

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    You're art is awesome and I enjoy looking at it. If you can't paint skin, keep practicing. If you can do the fur, you can figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Your artwork is always so nice :3 those eyes you drew look fantastic and so is the very first image with the healing ram

If you can paint fur im sure you will be able to master skin :P the fur you paint looks much more complicated than skin paintings in my opinion