Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: ACTA: How to destroy humanity and freedom of speech.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.

I've been on the darknet yo. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Most of my every day problems derive from normal people around me anyway. Got no time to worry about WTF the government is doing when I'm at the constant threat of being mugged, murdered, stolen from and slandered by my fellow citizens. We've been so conditioned to blame big government for everything that we forget the person with the highest chance of killing us is the guy sitting beside us on the subway.

yeah screw that guy

Yeah that guy is a pretty big douchebag.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Most of my every day problems derive from normal people around me anyway. Got no time to worry about WTF the government is doing when I'm at the constant threat of being mugged, murdered, stolen from and slandered by my fellow citizens. We've been so conditioned to blame big government for everything that we forget the person with the highest chance of killing us is the guy sitting beside us on the subway.
    "Have you seen the price of bread? I don't have time to worry about this herr Hitler or whatever. I've got bigger things. He'll never get in power, anyway, so who cares?"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Totally fair comparison.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Let's not have this escalate to anything else, alright. Do what I do and bounce it to the CB, like a pro.

It's just kind of silly that we're so scared of NDAA yet fail to acknowledge that our very own citizens murder 17,000 people yearly. Yes the government detaining us under highly circumstantial conditions is so scary yet there are no threads pointing out how ridiculous our murder rates are. The chances of a person killing you randomly on the street are higher than the chances of the government killing you even if you've been tried and convicted for a high felony. 13,000 people have been executed by the government since colonization. 17,000 people are killed by our average citizens every--single--year. Who should we be more concerned about?

Our focus should be more on //community//, bringing our fellow citizens out of the trends of murder, drug addiction and gang violence, not government fear-mongering. Join an urban youth club or something.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Totally fair comparison.
    Apathy in the face of gross injustice is apathy in the face of gross injustice. It is entirely a fair comparison. You are saying that you do not worry about the government and the fate of the world because you have more immediate and personal concerns. A person living in Germany during the time of Hitler's rise to power faced greater daily struggles than you face now. The only way my comparison possibly fails is in the fact that it is perhaps much easier to be sympathetic to the hypothetical German, because their struggles were - as noted - much greater, and unlike people today they did not have the historical basis to know that it is frighteningly easy and probable for a highly dangerous lunatic to come to power in a first world nation.

EDIT: The triumph of evil owes more to apathy and inaction by the good then to the ambition and drive of the evil.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!