Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ACTA: How to destroy humanity and freedom of speech.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    It's fucking stupid that they're enforcing this thing already. They should at least give people some time to clear their name otherwise they could very well be getting sued under a different set of terms than when they uploaded/shared the pirated material initially. That's legally unsound. You can't be guilty for something you weren't aware was illegal, in reference to the UK kid.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    That is complete, italicized, BS. I don't think a lot of these people that are running the show are gonna listen until something bad happens, and by bad, I mean bad to them. Guess the current public backlash isn't breaking enough skin.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    That last video about the RIAA? So what. The companies have a right to persecute. And so what if he nominated a lawyer who defended RIAA? The man was not on the RIAAs payroll. He was payed by them, but he wasn't a company employee. If he's competent, and he very well may be, does it matter where comes from? He's not going on the SC or anything, he's Solicitor General.
    Last edited by Bacon_Barbarian; 01-26-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Why does it just seem like SOPA and PIPA were just ploys for ACTA?

I want to die in a hole :l

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Why does it just seem like SOPA and PIPA were just ploys for ACTA?
    They probably were.

I'd be ashamed of the UK goverment for being so spineless, but I've come to expect no better. None of this as been reported from any of our own news organisations at all as far as I know.

Brb, being arrested by usa gestapo. :/

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I'd be very surprised if PIPA and SOPA were ploys. They just brought attention to ACTA, which is exactly what the people trying to pass ACTA along do not want.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    The fact people care more about SOPA and PIPA and ACTA than they did about the NDAA is why America is fucking doomed. This is what we deserve.
    Pretty much this.

Hey guys, we're thinking of censoring the internet with SOPA, PIPA and ACTA.

"WTF NO. THE INTERNET IS OUR HOME. STAY AWAY FROM OUR LAST SAFE HAVEN."

Okay, well we're also sanctioning the NDAA and are going to violate many more human rights like detainment without trial if we suspect someone is partaking in terrorist activities. It's not like we'll have any definite proof or anything we just have to think people are terrorists and we'll detain them. Not to mention the plethora of other things we're doing with this.

"FUCK OFF WITH YOUR INTERNET CENSORSHIP. IT'S OUR INTERNET."

Right, so we'll run with NDAA then.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    Pretty much this.

Hey guys, we're thinking of censoring the internet with SOPA, PIPA and ACTA.

"WTF NO. THE INTERNET IS OUR HOME. STAY AWAY FROM OUR LAST SAFE HAVEN."

Okay, well we're also sanctioning the NDAA and are going to violate many more human rights like detainment without trial if we suspect someone is partaking in terrorist activities. It's not like we'll have any definite proof or anything we just have to think people are terrorists and we'll detain them. Not to mention the plethora of other things we're doing with this.

"FUCK OFF WITH YOUR INTERNET CENSORSHIP. IT'S OUR INTERNET."

Right, so we'll run with NDAA then.
    I'm starting to wonder if the Internet was designed as a more efficient way to control and pacify the masses.

[/conspiracytheory]