Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: ACTA: How to destroy humanity and freedom of speech.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    It is only possible for me to move your posts to another thread. I would need the thread to be started first and I would want everyone who wants their post moved to say so in that thread. It won't be for a while tho because I'm at work so like another two hours plus how ever long who ever it takes you cypress and possibly kids to say they want their posts moved.

Unless you'd rather just quote everything to save time.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Naw I think Delphinus and I already know where this conversation is inevitably headed. We're good for now, IMO.

Like create a "Conversations of ACTA" thread? That would be nice, actually. Since people can post the main stuffs here and then go over to the other thread to have heated discussions over most of the stuff here. I'm just making a suggestion, and not trying to rally for it to happen. So the idea is out there....
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    No the point of this thread is to discuss ACTA and I will understand and let slide slipping SOPA and PIPA in there. The main things talked about in discussion threads is the main topic itself as in what it is but allso the causes and effects of the topic and maybe the solutions pros cons and opinions of the decided topic. What was going on in the last few posts was more of an "your real enemy is your neighbor/overlord government?" kind of discussion (no offense is intended by that statement) and is somewhat related to the topic of ACTA but not close enough that it should have continued in this thread.

So it's best to keep this thread as the one and only ACTA discussion thread for posting news on it or stating your opinions on the matter in a civil way.

Okay, thats all settled then. Anyways, did any of you know that GoDaddy.com supports SOPA? OR was I the only one out of the loop on that?
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    They did support SOPA, but when a lot of people started canceling their services with them, they released this statement.

The same happened with IGN and other sites. They all supported SOPA, but after people start ranting about it, they change their support. Obviously they still support the idea in SOPA, but they are going to be more cautious in their statements.

sup' folks, i'm pretty sure some of you may have heard of "Black March".
    if not allow me to educate you:

"With the continuing campaigns for Internet-censoring litigation such as SOPA and PIPA, and the closure of sites such as Megaupload under allegations of 'piracy' and 'conspiracy', the time has come to take a stand against music, film and media companies' lobbyists.

The only way to hit them where it truly hurts... Their profit margins.

Do not buy a single record. Do not download a single song, legally or illegally. Do not go to see a single film in cinemas, or download a copy. Do not buy a DVD in the stores. Do not buy a videogame. Do not buy a single book or magazine.

Wait the 4 weeks to buy them in April, see the film later, etc. Holding out for just 4 weeks will lave a gaping hole in the media and entertainment companies' profits for the 1st quarter. An economic hit which will in turn be observed by governments worldwide as stocks and shares will blip from a large enough loss of incomes."

However, while this is a good start it won't be enough to actually deliver the message.
    Remember the british college student that is going to be extradited for linking to websites with copyrighted content?
    well, turns out the MPAA is behind that.
    and guess who it's a members are?

Walt-Disney, Sony Pictures, Paramount, 20th Century Fox, Universal and Warner Bros.

Now i bet you're asking:"what does this have to do with the college student and copyright?"
    Well, allow me to explain. a lot of consumers first check reviews of certain products on sites like Amazon and Rotten Tomatoes.
    If a product has a low score, people will less likely to purchase it. now here's the plan: we go to these sites and give them low review scores. Not only will this be effective, it's also completely legal. however there is a slight snag in this: i'm pretty sure a couple of hundred of people won't be enough, so be sure to spread this; be it 9gag, memebase, funnyjunk or 4chan.
    if this actually works, it could cost the entertainment industry a few million dollars.

Just so you guys know, Ireland's sopa was passed thanks to mr. completely-oblivious-to-whats-going-on-in-the-world

what an asshat!