Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alex's House of MehDiocrity (AHOM)

Well, that's a start. I realize that I misspoke in my last post - you shouldn't think of your goals as endpoints but rather as milestones. I'm not sure I would put a time limit on this kind of thing. They're definitely good goals but I think that forcing yourself to feel like you have to achieve something within a certain amount of time can lead to frustration and ultimately feelings of failure if you are unable to. Setting realistic goals is important. Maybe these are realistic for you, but it would be unfortunate if you stopped trying because you put your goals out of reach.

So now that you have your goals, how are you going to achieve them?

well, to start, i actually just set those dates so as to: 1 challenge myself, and 2 give a good amount of time.
    anyways, i will achieve these goals by practicing my sketching by drawing different varieties of objects. then i will upload them here for criticism and to get advise on how i can approve. from there i will continue to practice until i am satisfied with my ability compared to professional manga. from there, i will practice more, and eventually move onto other artistic styles. once i feel i have earned a solid foundation in a variety of styles, i will move onto computer aided coloring/editing. at that point, i will probably be old enough to work and will be done with high school. at that point i will begin to do commissions on DA and look for jobs as a graphic artist. after that, i will hopefully go to college as either a game designer or game artist, at which point i continue to practice and learn. after that, i will either apply at different gaming companies and/or begin making indie games. after that, well, i'll hopefully be working in a job i love and have a lot of creative freedom in. this is my goal and how i will achieve it.

well, now my avatar is my next upload. the shading was the hardest part. took my about 2 hours total. anyways, here it is

here is another one i drew a couple months back. took me about a week to finish with all the details. its not manga, but i still wanna have it looked at.

well, if i were to draw a serious manga about mario (not that that could exist) this is what it would look like. my scanner cut off part of the sketch for some stupid reason. there was a koopa paratroopa that mario was shooting at, but its not there now T.T

T.T no replies

Anatomy is looking a bit off in the torso. Looking at references will help you as you try to improve. Go to posemaniacs for good pose help and anatomy practice.

thanks! i'll check there when i start my next piece

Fenn
    Seems like your improving. I like your avatar, but I suggest avoiding lined paper in the future except when the theme/style calls for it. I just feel like it draws away from the art itself. That being said, it worked pretty nice actually for your avatar.