Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canime's Art ~ Critiques are very much appreciated!

101 Dalmations Member canime4ever's Avatar
    You're too kind~ I see what you mean about the bagginess on his clothes, but I think you might be confusing part of the scarf with the jacket, and I completely agree with you with his legs being on the shorter side I ran out of room on the paper

M-me?? Do a manga? Actually I'm still in the process of refining the story I'm currently working on... I haven't drawn a single page, but what I've noticed with A LOT of online manga-ka's is that they have a good idea and they do like 50 pages and then stop completely because they haven't planned out the rest of the story, and I don't wanna do that. Not only that, but I've never tried shading/toning much before, I've never really tried paneling, and I'm still pretty bad at backgrounds... I've been practicing a lot though! And I KNOW I will start it by summer, so that way I won't have to worry about school or anything

Thank you for taking the time to C&C!~

Toning :D

Hey everyone, I have a question!

Which of these do you think would be best for toning a manga page?

SPOILER! :

With little dots?

SPOILER! :

With even smaller dots...

SPOILER! :

With slight cross-hatching.

SPOILER! :

Only with toning...

SPOILER! :

Or a mix? (This one's different because I did it last night.)

SPOILER! :

Or if you don't like any of these, please post an image of what you do like!

Thank you~

My totally unprofessional opinion - they're all good, but I think the mix used the last one really made the textures on her clothing more 'real'. So id say that was the best ( again, in my totally amateurish unprofessional opinion.)
    Last edited by Im_not_random; 02-20-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Unprofessional? I don't think so. Any opinion is great! I like that one too because it was easier to do than the others XD Thank you for your opinion~

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    just do different ones at different times! your an artist, yuo can do wtf you want.

But that's so inconsistent! I like having a bit of unity, but I guess you're right in a sense.

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    by different times, i mean different manga

I gotta admit I don't really like the last one. It might just be the background throwing me off, but the whole image feels very busy. I like the other ones a lot better, they give off a soft feel. Also the image feels more cohesive with one type of toning. To me it's easier on the eyes

@AlmanacnamedTime That makes more sense lol

@corastaur I was also thinking of doing only line art with only a little shading too. I see what you mean about how much it contrasts.

I did a sketch last night and inked it during school today. This is my first time drawing in this perspective, other than the shorts, is there something else I could improve on?

SPOILER! :