View Poll Results: Have I Improved So Far?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TAG's Art and Critique Thread!

The best thing you could do to get better with proportion would be to use reference photos as your basis. The more you draw from photos or real life the better you'll get and the more you'll understand how the body fits together. Eventually this allows you to draw easier from memory and you'll start to understand what needs to be fixed and how to fix it. Just keep practicing and don't worry so much about having perfect proportions - instead draw lines that you think look good.

Couldnt have said it better myself,thanks nisaren...Ill keep posting here trying to get better....!

Idk If this is any better,but this time you can see my guidelines and stuff,though it always seems like Im putting the hips/pants...too high,making the crouch look lower?

I did this a few hours after the last,and it seems not thinking about the proportions kind of made it better?IDK,what do u think?

I meant to post this here a week or so ago.

There's not much more I can add after Nisaren's posts. Listen to Nisaren.
    Last edited by Matt; 12-24-2011 at 05:10 PM.

as evryone said about the anatomy, anyway your sketches looks very clean keep up the good work!

XD,ok guys...Ill try making something good over break and post it here to show improvement!

Happy Holidays!

also,thanks matt,I love when people do redlines...Im a visual learner - mostly!

I greatly appreciate your comment! - And-

Here's another update,So I figured that moving on would be best...I find sticking around in one category of art seems to slow me down,so instead I try to move on and that challenges me to do a lot better than to just go slow paced...idk...but look below and ill explain...

CLEARER IMAGE:
    http://kingfromhatena.deviantart.com/#/d4kgl4a

1.So in this picture you see a girl....in the background there is an building explosion(tried my best)
    (Right) there is a man in a hooded cape thing...also tried my best to do that - 1rst time things....
    (Left)She is holding a staff of some sort - Idk I didn't really plan on any of this so yeah...XD
    Shes holding a medicine like thing....These are the main points in this pic.
    Things like environment,It doesn't come come together as I want it to,but hopefully people can point out my flaws,

So please critique this,its definitely not yet finished...When it is,I plan to re-do it in Manga Studio as a finished render!

Tools used:
    I don't have the set of micron pens Ive ordered yet,so I had to use pencil,fortunately I got a pencil set this week and "Pencil Inked" this as best I saw fit....
    So,let me know improvements,anatomical structure fixes,perspective things,definitely environment and FX improvements and then Ill try to finish this with those improves. in my mind...Thanks guys,Big help!

- Oh and I tried to do that white outline thing that mangakas usually do to separate their character from the background.....IDK If I did that right...also,don't ask about the things coming from her head...I was originally gonna make it a ribbon...but was too lazy to fix it...so when I re-draw this-ill fix it!XD
    Last edited by tag654; 01-30-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Also,Does anyone think I have improved much?I need to know if doing this(forcing myself) to push past what I know...or to do it the classic way and go slowly,etc.

I will update post soon.
    Last edited by tag654; 01-30-2012 at 11:49 AM.

SPOILER! :

This is my newest work,Its one of my characters made in Paint Tool Sai....The view is downward,only because I have no real clue how to do clothes....design and crap...

Feel free to critique...
    Oh and that thing to the left...that was an attempt to be a gun...Hes wearing black gloves also,thats why his hands arent really see-able.
    Last edited by tag654; 07-29-2012 at 04:21 AM.