View Poll Results: Have I Improved So Far?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TAG's Art and Critique Thread!

-Update -

So I tried to do something with backgrounds and stuff,trying to see what would happen putting a full paged scene together.....lol...It came out ok...but still needs much improvement....Critique away my friends

SPOILER! :

BETTER QUALITY: http://kingfromhatena.deviantart.com/#/d57nca4

SPOILER! :

BETTER QUALITY : http://kingfromhatena.deviantart.com/#/d57ncgy

Cant wait for the feedback!!!

*The reason these are "sketchy",being inked and all, is cuz...when I sketch,there I gotta cool off in order to ink,slow-pased or do anything slow paced...here as you can see,I was still in my "sketch" mood when inking,which I shouldnt have been in,but whatever...
    Last edited by tag654; 07-17-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Im just trying to practice with random characters and trying to develop the way I draw so that I can draw characters faster.The only problem is that when I try to draw characters other than the ones Ive already done/made I get the propotions wrong,anatomy is straight,but the proportions...grr...

I just need someone to tell me what I did wrong so I may understand,and correct my mistake...

It looks like I would need to extend the thighs,and legs out a bit...but...Idk how to accurately make sure its proportional... :/

SPOILER! :

Also,

Question: How do you guys first go about drawing a character-or just a pose in general,whats your method?

Another problem Ive been facing,is that I have a method for drawing my characters,poses,etc,But I find it dosent prove to give me the same results each time...mainly the head...Sometimes I draw and get a perfect head shape,others I dont,mainly because my circle(when Im drawing my heads) they vary in size each time,though IDK how to keep it the same,almost every time,you know?

You decide what proportions you want to use if you are drawing something imaginary.Staying somewhat true to real proportions is recommended though, if it's too unrealistic people might not recognize it as human. But i don't think it's proportions that's causing your drawing block. You probably draw those new characters just the way you always did, only now you might have learned more about the human figure, and feel like your art is lacking because you know better, but haven't learned how to use this new knowledge yet. This happens to everyone if they try to improve at something, just don't give up and your drawing block will end soon.

Answer to your question: I always start with what I think is most important. Sometimes it's the pose, sometimes it is the features of the character. If I don't like it I put it aside and make a fresh attempt. I try to accept that not every drawing I do turn out great on the first, or even second or third, attempt. Because of that I always sketch very loose, and don't add detail until I'm satisfied with the pose and character. It's hard because details are fun, but at the end of the day it's more satisfying to have an overall good drawing and not a super detailed but bad one.

Good luck pushing through your drawing block

Oh,THANKS!

I though no one would comment to help me through this,so I really apreciate your advice.But Yeah,Ive been learning abit more,and I guess Im just trying to make sure I can replicate something over and over without it being diffrent,in this case it was the circles I draw...

Is there a way to make sure my circles when I draw my Heads,so they are roughly the same size each time,or no?

Thanks for your help though,It means alot.

You can either use a compass, or just practice making circles freehand.

Lol,I though so...Ill focus on trying to improve on that mostly since its messing me up.But thanks!

Yo guys...Need your guy's help with something...

So tell me,what do you guys think about this one? Im tryed a new method for doing my heads...Ive fixed the problem of the Heads varying due to how big I drew my circles,Though my proportions really irk me....If someone could quickly redline this or show me how I couldve improved...After I improve with my props. ill go practice clothing and folds,probably the hardest for me,lol

SPOILER! :

Also,If anyone would be willing to help me on a constant basis through deviantart or here,like a coach or a constant critquer Id like that very much!

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    You are showing improvement, but look as the arms right now. They are too skinny and a bit short because your shoulders are making a U-shape, they should curve downwards. Your hips are also a bit wide which will throw off your legs. Sure I'll check your thread every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

I agree with what Stan mentioned and also with your head I think you have the eyes too far up, I can't be sure for certain because I don't have a way to measure their placement currently but if you are drawing traditionally what I can advise is to measure the head height with a ruler and then make a horizontal line through the middle of the head and that is where I like to place the top of the eyes. Hope that helps somewhat also there is nothing wrong with your old method, Infact they both appear rather similar, also if you wanted I could show you my method of drawing heads, not saying you have to use it but you may find it useful in developing your own method

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    I agree with what Stan mentioned and also with your head I think you have the eyes too far up, I can't be sure for certain because I don't have a way to measure their placement currently
    The right(left-hand) eye is ok, but the left(right-hand) is off. Her right(left-hand) ear should show a bit too, or her hair should show enough depth for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.