Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Artwork by spidergoth

Looks pretty good. I see a lot of potential in your drawings. TBH though (and I say this a lot) you're probably gonna be working on body anatomy for a while... everyone does, hands etc. are just gunna take time. My suggestion would be to work on your facial anatomy right now. You seem to have a good grasp on faces, but there are just a few,very common, problems that I see pretty consistently in your faces.

1.) I see you like to draw huge pupils, and there's nothing wrong with that, but make sure your eyes are three eyes apart proportionate.

2.) Dont forget where the jaw/mouth opens at. Sometimes if you draw the huge eyes first, you tend to crowd out the space for the rest of the face and the mouth gets drawn way too low.
    Last edited by NWAP; 02-29-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks NWAP I actually know that about the face just I've been concentrating so much on anatomy I've been scribbling my faces down too fast without paying much mind and big eyes have been a bad habit of mine but if I pay attention to it I usually avoid it. Though now that you mentiont he mouth I think it comes more from how low I tend to draw my noses rather than how big I do my eyes or maybe I'm wrong. All I know is I'll be more careful about my eyes and mouth placements. I think this pic. the mouth might be too low...I think my eyes are okay maybe I should pull them apart more?
    As for now I really want to spend more time on my anatomy just because its my biggest weakness and I'll doodle faces all the time but I really have to sit down alone and make a lot of time for the whole body in general.

Anyway I did this picture yesterday, I just traced over my paper sketch. Wanted to draw big heads without getting too much of a chibi affect. Tried to make her as cute as I could get her. I wonder if anyone knows anything about drawing dogs I wanted to "manga-ify", I suppose, a dachshund epic fail but I tried.

This is a really cute outline! I love the detail in her clothes, and the cute doggie :3

Some things I've noticed would be the arms. If her right arm (our left) is going to hold the leash that way, you would not see the top of her hand. I tried to do it a couple times to see if it's possible, but the only way would be if it's broken. So if you plan on working with this image more, try to just show the front part of her fingers (like if she was punching at you, does that make sense?) Her left arm (our right) looks all right, but I'm not sure how comfortable it would be for her hold her shoulder up that high when she's go her purse. You might try lagging the shoulder down a bit to add some weight to her purse.

I think the dog is very cute! And this could work in manga style just fine :3 You might want to fix the perspective on the rump a bit. The back part doesn't look like he's sitting, so just realign his foot a bit and that should help fix it. You may also want to add a bit of dimension to the leash by having it twist a bit (like if you've seen a ribbon hanging down, how part of it would be thin, and the other part the full width of the ribbon.)

Love the stockings and her boots! She's rockin' it! :3 Very cute design. I'd love to see where you go with this!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Thanks for the critique Blue Dragon ^_^ I'm trying to fix her up because I want to enter her in the next SAIMOE competition
    Fixed some of the stuff you mentioned though I'm playing around with the dog and the leash

Also working on some emotions

7 8 9 Member
    ah such traditional style! the only thing i would recommend is the same as above with eye sizes! and maybe in the full body one, she looks a tad flat on the bottom half of her? not sure if its leg position

i love this style of anime and it suits you well! Ill definetly be checking back!

So Iíve been lacking on artist improvement unfortunately due to me not sketching as much as I should. But here are some things Iíve done recently and I've been working on toning down my all too big eyes lol.
    Shippy fanart, so I apologize in advanced for any bleach fans for the lovey doveyness lol

SPOILER! :

Trying to copy from screenshots/manga panels from Bleach not exact but better than I thought itíd be.

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

And just some of my usual stuff
    SPOILER! :

thinking of enter the saimoe competition since the swimsuit season will be coming upÖthe first one definitely needs to be reworked as I rushed through it

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

As usual I love critiques as I want to improve be as harsh or sweet as you'd like

Nice Bleach fan art, love the OC's, and man, your Neko is much better than mine. I honestly can't see anything wrong with your work, so keep it up.

Beautiful coloring job!

They're all mega cute for cnc, i think the first picture, the girl's legs need to be wider, as they're very thin compared to the width of her upper body. Apart from that, good work

Love stripey bikini girl! She's cute :3