Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Artwork by spidergoth

Okay thanks so much Cloudy-chan I think she looks a lot better now

@scarletlight thanks for the pointer and I get what you mean though I wanted a cute I suppose ďinnocentĒ factor to be conveyed through the character and that sort of pose typically screams the opposite of that, funny I did that sort of pose for the third girl before I even read this

Anyway I drew two other girls; the second picture is the same girl Iíve been drawing for a while. Theyíre the 3 main girls in my story so Iím sort of working on character design and making them very distinguishable from one another in face and body and hopefully get across their personality with just a picture.
    The first girl I want a voluptuous hour-glass figure of a girl a bit above average height and a more oval shaped face. .
    SPOILER! :

The second girl a thin hour-glass figure, average height, and a heart shaped face.
    SPOILER! :

The third is a petite girl with pair-shaped figure and a squared face. Though Iím concerned that she looks a bit boyish I know that squared faces a more of a manly feature but I like her face that way
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by spidergoth; 12-17-2011 at 08:14 PM.

they all look adorable, its cool you are trying out different figures and I dont think she looks boyish :3

That’s a relief, I definitely want to make sure I can make a girl even with a more squarish face.

Anyway I find practicing different body types is a good way to teach me anatomy, try different figures and make sure they all look feminine, plus I just like variety, since people come in many shapes. So I’m working on male anatomy which, to me anyway, is so much more difficult. I’m just not sure if it’s going by well.

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

SPOILER! :

Do you mind redlines?

Actually redlines would be great , esp. when it comes to male anatomy I do want to improve after all, thanks ^_^

So this was the first pic since I've been on this site that I felt like digitally coloring, I'm still new at that so I'm not very good at it yet and I do over abuse the smudge/blur tools

SPOILER! :

So I've been a bit busy but anyways I decided to draw my trio of female OC, left to right there names are Demi, Jasmine, and Cordelia. Right now I'm just trying to get a feel for their heights.

Would love some critiques ^_^ thanks

Love all the pics on this thread! The colours in your second last pic go very well. For the last pic, I would say to maybe make the girl on the left's our left shoulder a bit longer? as if the arm was down not sticking out it would be very small. Other than that I think the pic is very cute

Thanks shadowsfade that arm does look really screwy ^^; I think I rushed through that too much

Anyway I'm planning on submitting this in the weekly challenge thread though I don't know if I should give it a background or would that ruin it...I was going for green maybe a more olive green though idk. Any critiques on it would be nice too...I know it looks grainy I had a super brain fart when choosing the paper, why I would be choose such a rough sheet for colored pencils I still don't know. I liked the way it turned out though admittedly it barely even resembles the picture it came from due to my own artistic inabilities, like I just couldn't draw the right(your left) hand so i just cut it out the picture entirely and I couldn't replicate the colors the pictures...-_- so I just went with it and changed a lot of it to emphasize the mood.

Excellent! Realism very good. Have been keeping tabs on work, waiting for color and realism. Shone through, and shined very brighly. Quite good.