Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help. Advice. Movation or something.

101 Dalmations Member

Help. Advice. Movation or something.

Its relating to art. When I started drawing, I learned by tracing DBZ photos in the windows. I only was 7 years old at the time until I turned 10 and that's when quit drawing. Now I found myself again thanks to Kishimoto Masashi. There are some major problems I been going through. I dont think I'll ever see myself drawing like a real professional. Even kids that are younger than me who are very skill and talented. They know how to do things that I don't know how to do. I don't know anything about art when I was growing up and I still don't know now. I just draw. My problem is that I want to go on with my comics I'm extremely working but I can't because there are a lot of things I haven't mastered and I want to learn it now. A lot of people tell me that I must learn and study the real thing and then drawing comics and anatomy will be easy. But that'll take forever for me to learn. I have these urges to draw and draw and draw but homework, school, video games and my job blocks me. I love video games and that one of the things that kinda improve my drawing. All I draw is cartoons and cartoons. Is there anything you can do to help me understand or solve my problems?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    You have to put aside time for this, lots of time. And if you can't you have to find a way to, I suggest priority sorting. You're definitely going to need all the time you can possibly get practicing, and yes, taking an art class and drawing from life will definitely help with your cartoon style.

101 Dalmations Member
    Okay...I'll do it!

Don't get discouraged if it takes you a long time. You have to be patient with art. Most of what I learned was through books and on my own, but it wasn't until this year that my anatomy started to actually get better. Yes, homework, school, and work does take a lot of time, but if you really want to draw, then like GunZet said, make some time for it, even if it's just sketching something out during a 10 min. study break.
    I am so not typing anything interesting...

101 Dalmations Member
    Is it good to draw comics/manga or cartoons but still study realistic drawing.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    It's all in preference and just, well, your choice. I draw in a semi-realistic style most of the time, but when need be, I can be as realistic as I want. So yes, it's not a bad idea, and only you can decide if it's a good idea.

Fenn
    I'm in the same boat. It really depends on what you want to do. if your anywhere near interested in a career, you have to make art a major priority. If you just want to draw comics for personal pleasure and to post on here, I'd actually encourage you to just dive into it. Even if your art quality doesn't progress as fast, you'll be learning how to make panels, pages, and add dialogue to your comic, which is also valuable.

Kakashi i will show you something, if Rio-chan allows it, she will not remove the links xP

This is what i acomplished in 3 years of patience, practicing and strong will:

2 years ago: http://i40.tinypic.com/4p0sg.jpg

About 5 days ago: http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ng-d4iiuix.jpg

Its the same character, now check it how i manage to in 2 years, all this was acomplished with time and detication, everytime i get a free time i spend it practicing, and yell at people who comes to distract me hahaha, now a few of them call me house because of this lol.

99% of the great artits practiced drawing for years until they reach the actual level, only 1% of this peoples are natural genious born to draw, and these are very very rare to find, so do not dismotivate yourself, keep doing your thing everytime you can, and will see the improovements in no time, the more you draw the more experience you get. An artist has to be patient and not leave anything behind.

one last example:

one year ago:http://i46.tinypic.com/5k3qc4.jpg

3 weeks ago: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2264/ch0110016.jpg

And i can assure you, in this 3 weeks i managed to improove my drawing, so stick around and join the exercice thread, post a sketch or drawing everyday and look always to your drawings looking for errors and bad shapes

101 Dalmations Member
    So what things you have to master inorder to draw comics and manga? Like anatomy, and so on.

Fenn
    Panel compositon is important. This means not just drawing thing so they look good on their own, but placing everything together in a way that makes it both enjoyable and easy to read. I don't know much about it so hopefully other people on here can explain.