Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Winter/Holiday/Christmahanakwanzika thread

Fenn

The Winter/Holiday/Christmahanakwanzika thread

The thread for everyone to celebrate! If you're super excited for the Christmas season, or just winter in general (summer for you folk down in the Southern hemisphere I suppose--or do you still call it winter?), join us! AND, if you're going through a difficult time during this holiday season, join us and we'll do our best to perk your spirits!

Topics may include, but are not limited to:

- Plans for the holidays

- Fav. songs of the season

- Anticipated foods

- Christmas wish lists

And everyone who posts gets a free cup of internet egg nog:

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I got no plans other than to spend it the same way I did last year, except it's gonna be way more awesome this time. Oh, and I have to feed Steam my money once more. Maybe there'll be some food, but we expended those rations for Thanksgiving. I think it'll be pretty cool though.
    And I really, really really, really really, really really hate Winter.

I'm gonna be home like always, and we people from high school meet up! (i'll be doing that after a year this time. =) ).

And i'm thinking of baking a cake. and making a card (already in process).

I'm cooking all the food at my parents so Mom doesn't have to...I hope I can actually cook the turkey--I can't cook meat well :/

Cake sounds really good! White almond cake is especially delicious!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

It's summer in here, no winter.

With my cousins we are going to play secret santa, so and I want to give them cool gifts (they deserve them). Also I'm going to make some pies and gulab jamun as a dessert to share with the family.

I'm going to go to the Vatican and replace the word "God" with "Sun" at Christmas Eve mass but only in my mind because I don't want people to get mad at me for disrespecting them in their holy place

Edit shit that sounded wrong

Fenn
    Sounds awesome people! MT members know how to be festive.

I gotta make sure I listen to plenty of Vince Guaraldi. The charlie brown christmas music is just amazing.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I realized recently that if I converted to Messianic Judaism I could celebrate Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, and New Year's all in a single straight-shot.

I would be pooped come January 2nd, though.
    Last edited by Celestial-Fox; 12-06-2011 at 09:34 PM.

I like the Nutcracker...but only played by Nureyev or (as a last resort) Baryshnikov. Nureyev was so much smoother, and better looking (in my opinion.) We have to listen to the ballet every year It's just one of those things we do (I like ballet a lot.) They're less irritated with that than when I have to hear Alice's Restaurant every Thanksgiving (I don't like Thanksgiving very much.)

I usually get really tired of the Christmas music they play in stores, though (groceries stores, cause I don't really do a lot of shopping...I hate being around large masses of people.) Or how everyone rock/pop star tries to put out a Christmas album, and it's either remakes or really bad songs....

Not to sound negative. I like wordless X-mas songs (and Happy Christmas, the War is Over. That one's okay.)

Edit:

I think you would be tired after all that o_O
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I hate Christmas music, because it's the same thing every year. I only find it appropriate on December 13th-25th, only for that song "The Twelve Days of Christmas."

And yeah, I'd be super tired. And broke. XD