Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

Still on this line art kick. I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I used to. Here's a few fairly quick space ship concepts. I think I'm happiest with the first and last ones. Perspective is definitely off on the second one and I was too lazy to really fix it - probably cause I didn't really like the design that much.

So it's been a while since I last updated. Unfortunately I don't really have much to show for the past month D: At any rate, in order to start getting back into the swing of things again I did a quick paint study this evening. Think it took me around 2 hours give or take.

reference image
    Last edited by nisaren; 11-12-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I really like the lighting! However, I suggest you pay close attention to the proportions. The arms are very skinny and short compared to the legs. The figure appears to be off-balance, and her right hip protrudes too far to the viewer's left to be anatomically feasible.

That being said, though, those things are easily fixed with a horizontal flip, the lasso tool, and a bit of the Transform tool.

I really like the right hand, too.

@CF Thanks for the critique. I did use the horizontal flip quite a bit actually. Maybe it's just that I'm coming back from a hiatus and my eye isn't as sharp as it used to be. I'm trying not to use the transform tool as much as I have in the past, at least for studies.

----

Finished another paint study this morning. I'm pretty happy with how it came out overall.

Reference image

I like the newest one, the anatomy looks sound to me, especially if it's just a study.

I think I'd darken up the shadowed area at the back of the left boot though - at the moment, it seems a bit flat and I feel like darkening up the farthest part (as per the photo) would help add some depth. I'd add some more highlights around the jaw area too; at first glance I thought she had a beard...

You're skills are far beyond mine. But I like to stop by and ogle your art :P
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Welcome back I loved these two pieces :3 the anatomy looks superb and the colouring is great my only complaint would be with the woman's face, I think it could be smoothed out, and it looks like she almost has a double chin O_O I love those weapons the guy has xD

@Gaff Thanks for looking and critiquing. I agree on certain monitors she looks like she has a beard. The monitor that I painted on seems to be lighter than other monitors.

@Blue_Dragon Aww thanks.

@Demonfyre Thanks for the welcome. I agree there's a lot left unfinished with both pieces. I didn't really want to invest too much time in these. These are really just for helping to build up my confidence. They weren't really difficult and the poses were fairly simple (no crazy perspective or anything) and I found the lighting easy to understand. I didn't want to over reach as I get back into the swing of things and lose motivation right away. Thanks for looking and commenting.

-------
    Here's a landscape painting WIP of a mountaintop castle. I'm fairly pleased with how it's coming. I originally started thinking that I'd try my hand at a matte painting, but I think I'm going to paint over everything and make it more of an original painting. C&C is greatly appreciated.

Wow! That's amazing, nisaren! I can't wait to see it done. No critiques, sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

That mountaintop castle is looking great, the mountain looks like it's from a photograph can't wait to see the finished thing