Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

@ DHB Thanks for taking the time to redline and paint over. I always forget about flipping the canvas. I should set a timer so that I'm reminded to flip it every 15-20 minutes.

What you pointed out are definitely areas I have a bit of work left to do. I never really considered that it looks like the ocean is coming right up to the city. >.< It must be one of those things where I see it differently because I know what I intended.

I don't have another update ready quite yet, but I plan to work on the question mark area next.

Another update, I focused on trying to make it more obvious where the ocean was and the land. I also did a bit of work on the foreground to make it make sense from a lighting stand point. C&C welcome as always.

Hey all. I keep falling off the wagon when it comes to drawing and working on art. At any rate, I ended up purchasing Painter X3 the other day and have been testing it out. It's definitely going to take quite a bit of practice to become comfortable in it, but there's some pretty neat features that I'm looking forward to using, i.e. the watercolor emulation, etc.

I didn't use any reference for either piece when I probably should have, so I'm sure there are a ton of mistakes. Just some quick work to play with my new toy.

Hey all. It's been quite a while since I last posted, mostly because I just haven't done anything artistic for a while. At any rate, I got the itch last night to start painting and now I'm hoping to make it a habit again. Here's the piece that I started last night. It's still super rough, so I'd welcome any compositional suggestions.

Eh, what I know about landscape wouldn't fill the back of a postage stamp, but I feel there's a lot of weight on the left hand side at the moment. Maybe either try some more wisps of cloud in the far distance on the right or break up the clouds a little more on the left?

First I must say I think your landscapes are great! I don't draw em' often enough mahself, I tend to stick to characters too much... Like many do. But I gotta agree with Gaff, the comp is reaalyy heavy on the left. But it's not necessarely a very bad thing. As you may know, it's always good to have an area where it's lighter on a picture, which makes an interesting contrast with the rest of the picture. I think that maybe instead of having a big plump of clouds there could be a thiner line that goes from left to right, behind the tower, also leaving less clouds near the tower. I know it would alter the interesting shadow you put there but it could be a good try. But hey that's mostly a suggestion than a critique I luffs your work