Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - Practice piece and update - 8-3-14

holy crap I thought that was a photo O.O ... Well done good sir, well done.

@JJorgie Thanks for looking.

@Demonfyre It actually is a photograph of mountains. Sorry to disappoint if you thought I made that up. In case you don't know... a matte painting is just where you try to paint something into a photograph. It's commonly used in movies.

@Corastaur Sorry but it actually is a photograph of mountains. I was just trying to paint the castle on top of the photo.

--------

As I mentioned before, I decided that I wanted to make it a little more painterly (although I don't think I succeeded quite as I hoped). I kind of lost my way and my patience with the piece as well. So here's what I have right now. I may or may not come back to it.

Doesn't change the fact that I thought the whole thing (CASTLE INCLUDED) was a picture I still say it looks absolutely awesome.

think it looked better before

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar
    Wow! I really liked them both, but I'm gonna say that I prefer the first one as well. I think the fog hides some of the beauty that you could clearly see in the first one. But I probably only think that way because I saw the first one. Either way, great job! ^^

now that is nice :3 texture especially
    if i would add anything it would be dramatic lighting (with slightly warmer tones to contrast the subject) over the clouds but that's purely preferential hehehe

Nice to see your backgrounds. its quite relaxing to view.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

I'm still alive. It's been a busy holiday season. I didn't realize it's been 6 weeks since I last posted. O.o

@Corastaur Thanks!

@EvilCake Yeah, I agree. I actually went back closer to how it looked at first with more of the underlying photo showing through.

@Midori-Midori Thanks for looking and commenting. I think everyone liked the first one better, myself included.

@BunnyVoid I'm glad you find my landscapes relaxing to look at. This was my first attempt at painting over a photo plate so I have a lot to learn still.

------
    Here's a new WIP, another landscape. Still have quite a bit more to do.

Wow, I can't wait to see this done!! I love the contrast in color between the ground area and the mountaineous parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

@JJJorgie Thanks

-----
    Here's my current progress on the same painting. I hadn't made much progress until I really got into it this morning. Too much other stuff going on. D:

Sorry to double post, but I finished the landscape and wanted to show everyone. Hope you all like it.