Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

Wonderful job!!! I do like the tiger!!!

that tiger is mad and I really like the croc...or alligator whichever it is xD

@Sylex Thanks, I was pretty pleased with how the tiger turned out.

@Demonfyre I didn't even think about zelda O.o Now that I think about it, the triangle even reminds me of the Tri-force. >< Thanks for looking and commenting.

@JJJorgie Thanks for looking and commenting.

@Cloudy Thanks!

---------

So I haven't abandoned my mecha caracal design. I think I needed to step away from it for a while before coming back with a more objective mind set. I retooled the front legs and started to change the upper torso a bit to be more in line with the rest of it. I'm liking where it's going so far.

Wowzers! I love it! It's looking so great and the shading is very nice!

The design actually reminds me a lot of Frank from donnie darko

SPOILER! :

Now, the torso bends quite awkwardly, like she's suppose to be laying on her stomach. You should probably mess with that a bit more. The arms also appear quite short. I'm also a bit confused about the shape of the legs; they look a bit like they're backwards, but it could be the armor making them look weird. In conclusion, I like it so far. The detailing is rad and the shading looks great.

I need to check this thread way more often, cause you're great Nisaren! This latest one is so awesome! Your painting skills are mighty, great contrast.

@JJJorgie Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

@Toast There are definitely problems with the pose. I probably should have just chosen a simpler one. Thanks for the comments.

@Sparky-J Thanks man. I appreciate you checking in on me. I don't comment often on posts but I usually check your thread out, you've got some pretty rad stuff.

------

So I decided to attempt a landscape painting. I spent about 3 hours or so on it which is more than I was planning but I'm fairly happy with how it came out given that I haven't been working much with color or landscapes of late.

That painting is amazing i cant really critique it as i suck at backgrounds etc D: would be great to see some more

It really does look cool! I would suggest that you extend the mountain behind the right section of the bridge upwards so that the bridge overlaps it better. As it is now it confuses the sense of depth and perspective

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    This is amazing, you have a really strong sense of color, tone and shadows (something I am terrible at)
    Anyway, the only things I cought were that the foreground bridge and the distant arch kind of run together, if you know what I mean. The two horizontal lines blur/intercept, as opposed to having the fore-bridge stand out. So in other words the top of the bridge is exactly in line with the top of the rock-arch in the back.
    Other than that it looked great. I might have done a less blurry/painted background/sky (in the far back there) and had a translucent layer, but that's personal tastes, anyway.
    Great work!
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)