Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - new WIP - 4-7-14

@Gedeon Thanks for the crit. There's still quite a bit I need to work on in the picture. I hadn't really worked on the bookbag strap much, but I'll definitely see about it when I get back to it.

@Joosh Thanks man. Looking at it now it does seem short. I think I was at first trying to apply some foreshortening to it but I don't think it come across very well.

----

So I'm taking a small break from painting and decided to work on my linework. Here's a couple quick sketches from groupboard.

In case the pic offends anyone - spoilered
    SPOILER! :

Well since they are just quick sketches i couldn't decide would this be even worth mentioning to you but what the heck it cant hurt ......................right

First pic: the arm furthest to us seems thinner then it should be, also the palm on the said arm is bigger then the one on the other hand. Alo the both arms look short.

Second pic: Both arms too thin. Also it looks a little bit like she smashed the knee she was sitting on. ut i really like the pose. Reminds me of the little mermaid somehow.
    Last edited by Gedeon; 12-03-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Just saw another problem
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

The second one made me smile.. so I also am going to comment.

First pic: The leg closest to me seems to be a bit skinny compared to the shorts. and the shin is very skinny. The other leg looks fine.

Second pic: you missed the sheet line on her left leg, making it look wierd, also your right eye seems a little far compared to the left. And the right brest seems a little flat.

however, they are still awersome!

Nisaren, you're doing great!

One thing I noticed about the first picture is that his running pose just isn't looking right. When you run, your legs are opposite your arms in motion. This means that your right leg would be in the same spot as your left arm and vice versa. Also, I like how exagerated the pose is with his knee coming up so far. It makes me think he's trying to achieve lift off or something.

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see some more art from you.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to check my pieces out.

@Gedeon - Yeah there are a lot of anatomical problems in both. They were just quick sketches without reference. After I finish this Christmas gift, I plan on spending time working on my figure drawing.

@Maxx - I'm glad it made you smile. I'm not sure what you mean by the "sheet line" - maybe you could elaborate?

@Jai - Your completely right, his arm looks more as if he's making a wild lunge rather than running.

-----
    So I've been working quite a bit on the portrait of my sister and her family. I think it's looking pretty decent but am hoping to have any obvious or not so obvious mistakes pointed out.

I plan on leaving it in grayscale as I'm a little too short on time to get the colors right. Damn my procrastination! D:

when I said sheet line, I ment the line defining the top of the sheet that's covering her left leg. You seem to have continued the leg into the sheet, making it seem like they murge or something. It's no big thing, however something to consider.

(I am preocupied trying to find out if pasha is the right sound effect for what I have in mind, so if this doesn't make sence, I can redline for you)

@Maxx Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

----
    Here's the finished version of the portrait I've been working on. I'm pretty pleased with how it ended up looking.

That looks sweet!!!! Well done

This looks very detailed and very nicely done.props XD

@ Corastaur and tag654 Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

----

Here's a sketch I did yesterday and then refined a bit this evening. I'm using Painter 11 which I received for Christmas so I'm trying to get used to it compared with photoshop. I like where this is going though...