Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Nisaren's Art - Practice piece and update - 8-3-14

Mel Gibson from Braveheart?
    and that last one's cool. I'm not much of a Harry potter fan but I can appreciate that. The shading looks really good. Do you use SAI?
    OBJECTION!

@Tora Yep it's Mel Gibson. I have and do use SAI, however, the last few paintings have all been done on the groupboard here on the site. The last piece that I posted using SAI was the girl in post #141. Oddly enough, I'm not really a huge Harry Potter fan either. I think the story is well done, but I'm not a fanatic about it like a lot others. I don't even own any of the books or DVDs. At any rate, thanks for taking a look.

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    @Gunz Thanks for looking through man. I'm glad you you recognized Mel since the more I look at it the less it looks like him to me lol. I'm not sure exactly which of my paintings of girls you're referring to... the one in post #140? And yes I did use reference for Voldemort, I'm actually enjoying realism more now that I've figured out a reasonable way to do it.

----
    Here's my latest... it didn't start out this way, just so all of you know. D:

This is so cool, yet so wrong =w='
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Gedeon Lol thanks. The wrongness makes it funny.

-----
    Another speedpaint on groupboard. This one was kind of a pain to do. Even after I finished it on there, I still did a little manipulation in SAI to get the proportions closer to the reference picture, and they still don't look quite right to me. D:

Why so blue???

Lol no it looks good. Were you trying to make it look exactly like the reference? It looks good in it's own right. I really like the eye.
    OBJECTION!

Yeah I was trying to make it as close to the reference as possible.

Here's the ref if you would like to compare.

SPOILER! :

There's a few things that I can notice right off the bat, like the head looks a little wider than it should. But I suppose I should be happy with it since it was just a speed paint.
    Last edited by nisaren; 07-26-2011 at 07:52 AM.

So back to working on anime. :X Here's a couple master studies that I did. The first is from Sekirei and the second is from Air Gear. I actually did not directly copy the second, I was trying to do a memory study. So I copied a couple pieces this morning and then when I got home this evening I tried to recreate them. I'm hoping to increase how clearly I see things in my mind and memory studies such as these are supposed to help.

A couple more pieces from GB.

Edit:

Decided to clean up the lines and color the last sketch. Was a pretty quick job, only took about an hour or so.

Lol... just noticed that I drew her right foot wrong. XD
    Last edited by nisaren; 07-29-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Thumbs on the wrong side right? =w=
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

lol, nah it's correct, but the orientation of the hand is off. It should be turned more to the side, but I didn't feel like fixing it. Oh well. It was just a sketch anyhow.